Turbo Dodge Forums banner

121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
one thing that catches new 2 piece owners is the bolt hole in the underside of the neck of the top half
-one of the support bar ends bolts on there - if you forget to put that bolt in you get a hUGE vacume leak
That hole is where my support brace is connected.

can any one post a pic showing a two piece intake including the support brace????

I can't seem too locate the drawing

Dennis

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
I found this in the 87.pdf. Look at item #9.

Dennis

Attachments

·
Legendary Driver
10,913 Posts
View attachment 107401

Here is my problem. The blue arrow is where ILIKESHELBYS two piece bracket is. The red arrow is how mine is routed. Any ideas?

Dennis
I don't understand what your problem is, looks like everything fits to me.
This still stands.

The strut does not clear the bolt towards the firewall show in the pic under the red line and it circled.

I wonder if I could shim the bolt the support attache too with washers and a longer bolt?

Dennis
The strut follows the blue line from the factory.

No it is firmly mounted. Their is know way too raise the two piece.

Dennis
That hole is where my support brace is connected.

can any one post a pic showing a two piece intake including the support brace????

I can't seem too locate the drawing

Dennis

I went out to my shop and looked at my car which has a 2 piece on it. I just removed the brace a month ago to install a 90+ airbox setup, your's is routed just the same as my factory one was. So What's the problem?????? The slot in the brace attaches to the head, the round hole attaches to the bottom of the top half of the 2 piece intake. Again, I don't understand the problem. Your pic looks just how mine looked when it was installed.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
The strut does not clear the bolt towards the firewall show in the pic under the red line and it circled.
I'm going to add washers to shim out where the bolt attaches too the the head. About 5 washers should to it.

Dennis

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
***SPECIAL ALERT***

I just made another batch of coolant mod adapters!

This may be the last batch for quite awhile. Id like to focus on making other products.

As far as the kits go, I'm selling what I have left, so if you want anything besides and Oring + Adapter, order soon because I only have a few kits worth of parts left!

I kept the sale up for 3 months but I had to end it eventually! So the prices are back to normal:

Adapter + Oring $35 shipped

Heater kit $50 shipped

Thermostat kit $65 shipped

The last batch sold out quick so get 'em while they're hot!

If you want to place an order immediately just send the paypal to [email protected], and MAKE SURE TO PUT YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS IN THE NOTES!

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
OK...here are a few pics of the OEM support rod, installed in the OEM orientation, and in the original holes intended.
Does the intake manifold sit higher then the valve cover on you motor?

Dennis

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
due to a machining error, I have one "deformed" coolant mod adapter available at a discount! see picture below.

it has a piece of broken end mill embedded in it (filed flush with the surface), and it has no oring groove.

you could probably seal it to the head with RTV

it still has the 3/8 NPT threaded port, and two bolt holes. everything else about it is normal, including the outside appearance.

its only $15 shipped!!

and as far as the other kits, i only have a couple of adapters, heater kits, and thermostat kits left, and im not planning on making any more for awhile, so get em while you can!!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Thought I would show some pics with my engine using ni-corp.
NIIIIIIIIICE!!! Shiny and straight. :nodding: :thumb:
Almost reminiscent of the additional coolant lines into the water jackets idea I've got.

sick..im pretty sure SOL is going to like this
Ah Asa, you know me too well. :brows:

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
cool post AN sizes if you could pls. Don't know why I got heater version lol. Guess I was being cheap.
I used 8AN fittings and hose for the thermostat version

I wonder why your head has 10mm threads. All the heads I have here have 3/8-16 and several people have installed the kit using the kit bolts.

What kind of head is it? Any idea on when it was cast and what vehicle it came from?

Do you have any other heads you could check the threads on for curiousity sake?

·
Premium Member
2,549 Posts
Yes two more here at house. will take with me and check it out as well. will do a detailed check then post. But I must say I have tried new bolts and they tighten up about half way in. Old bolts run all the way in. Will check casting numbers and all that.

·
Premium Member
2,549 Posts
Is this the bolt you sent with kit? P82A0141.jpg
Reason I ask Is because kit sat at machine shop for a couple of weeks waiting for head to be finished and other hole to be drilled for kit. Might have gotten swapped or something.

121 - 140 of 177 Posts