Turbo Dodge Forums banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,549 Posts
Ok The four heads I have are 3 with 88 date stamp and 1 with 01 date stamp. They all have the same size bolt holes for mod. I checked old bolt with thread gauge and a thread die .It was a 10x1.50. That bolt threaded all the way in.
Then i check new bolt the same way and its a 3/8x16.It only went in half way. It has now caused me any problems. As a mater of fact I have mod installed on head now with old bolts. Maybe some one else will chine in about this. Other than that its a mute subject if no one else had a problem.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
bolts supplied with my kit did not work on 782 head. just used stock bolts.
i just tried threading a 10mm and a 3/8 bolt into a head i had and they both thread in fine. which makes sense since the thread pitch is only different between them by about 0.002". if you have a head with old rotted threads like i do, its impossible to notice the difference. which is how i probably ended up picking the wrong bolt so long ago, since i dont think i actually had anything bolted into those threads to begin with. but if you have a brand new head, then it might show up if the threads are perfect.

the 10mm bolt is about 20 thou bigger than the 3/8" bolt, so it will provide better grip, especially in worn out threads.

so this explains how the wrong bolts could have seemed problem free for so long...worn out threads are pretty common

nice find 89tonava!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Got some time this weekend (and some warm weather, if you can call 42F warm) to finally get some work done on my cooling system. I installed 2 acannel parts - the 4th cylinder cooling adapter, and the T-Stat housing I had him make me up.

I need to order some more 12-AN fittings. the 2x 45's I was planning to use don't look like they will work well for the upper hose. I need a 90 and a straight.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Got some time this weekend (and some warm weather, if you can call 42F warm) to finally get some work done on my cooling system. I installed 2 acannel parts - the 4th cylinder cooling adapter, and the T-Stat housing I had him make me up.

I need to order some more 12-AN fittings. the 2x 45's I was planning to use don't look like they will work well for the upper hose. I need a 90 and a straight.

nice looking engine! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

You know, if you want to copy the coil bracket I made (seen in this pic), I'd be OK with that - as long as you send me one :) I've a had a couple of guys ask about it...

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
You know, if you want to copy the coil bracket I made (seen in this pic), I'd be OK with that - as long as you send me one :) I've a had a couple of guys ask about it...
UPDATE:

I only have one 4th cyl adapter left..$35 shipped gets it!

That coil bracket is cool..is it meant to be specifically MSD coils like that?

If we can get several people interested Id be up for it with a free one to you

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
UPDATE:

I only have one 4th cyl adapter left..$35 shipped gets it!

That coil bracket is cool..is it meant to be specifically MSD coils like that?

If we can get several people interested Id be up for it with a free one to you
I think the mounting is common with the stock coil. It's not MSD-specific. I could probably even draw it up for you if you can import a DXF file.

I don't really need another one, since I've got this one. But a nice CNC'd bracket with a Mopar 'M' on it would be cool :thumb:

141 - 160 of 177 Posts