Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found two shadows for sale not too far from where from I live.

One is black, has a 5spd tranny, new paint but the engine is unknow : the owner says that he put the engine at high rpm until it dyed from /what he says/ an electrical problem
The car has no AC, which is fine for me, and rear discs : I never see a shadow with this setup before
He wants 900 euros and my buddy will charge me 350 euros more to take it with his chevy

The other is white, auto tranny, first owner with only 28000 miles, new tires
He wants 1500 euros and I will need 200 more for the train and fuel to come back with her

Both cars look like new

The shadows I have are auto and from I have read here, it is not the best option if you want more power, it will not last long. It takes even more power than a manual tranny.

I have learned, that it is less expensive for me to buy a good car than repairing mines which cost me a lot, especially for a new paint

What would you choose, and why ?

Thanks
Louis

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
I you just want a nice daily driver ,I'd pick the low miles white one. If you're into modifying and know how to work on these cars I'd go with the black one. Rear disc drive? what is this?

·
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Sorry I mean rear discs

Yes I would like to get 250HP from the engine
I have some spare engines that I could use, no none of them with low miles

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
five speeds are more fun but if you want just a leisure driver, go with the auto

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I would have to say go with the white Shadow
reason: The extreme low mileage that the car has, It is exceptional in this day to find that kind of car with that mileage in europe let alone north america!

I wouldn't be to shy on the automatics if the proper set up is done to the car it can be quite the performer, ( both my cars are autos and I enjoy them alot )

White is a great color to have. Looks clean all the time unless you live on a dirt road and drive it when it's been raining and get mud all over it, But the light dust hardly ever shows up on a white car vs black which is the hardest color to keep clean next to red as the next hardest color followed by blue.

So those are the reasons why I think the white with auto is a good choice
for your next car.

But ultimatly the choice is yours !:thumb:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
What year is it, It looks to me like a 1989 seeing the engine bay pictures,
The transmissions are already beefed up because of the turbo engine,
Theres one thing about the Chrysler cars That I can say to you as someone ( myself ) who worked for Chrysler Corperation ( from 1984-90 ) is that at Chrysler we wanted cars to perform and be reliable because we wanted to build faith in our customers to be repeat customers the only way to do that was to overengineer the cars to last a long time to be dependable and exciting to drive as well as a pleasure to own, Chrysler Corperation have proven that over the years of 1983 to 1993 the 2.2 and the 2.5 L cars were the best turbo cars that came out of Detroit.

·
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The two shadows I have are both 89 models even if they were sold later
It seems that most of the shadows sold in france were 89 models with perhaps 60% with an auto trans.
At this time only 5% of the cars had an auto trans, but chrysler only imported full option cars.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Ok thats what I thought 1989 so it's a 2.5 liter turbo,
that would be If I remember correctly 156 hp, ( bare with me here it's been a while since I worked on these figures at Chrysler )
Shelby used the same engine with intercooler and used the same transmission in some of his versions, those I think were the in and around 176hp range. So you could still intercool it with a tricked out computer maybe near the 185 hp range,Maybe even up to the 200hp area, You'll definitly have to do some research on things but you should be able to get some thing out of the car making more fun to drive.:brows:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Sooo. just curious were abouts in France are you?
I been around Europe and been to France several times as well as other countries toured around the cities of Paris and Marseille a few times.

·
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I comes from Perpignan in the south of france (200 km from Barcelona in Spain).
But I live in Aix en Provence, near Marseille.

The Shadow I have, is intercooled with a S60 turbo and stock ECU
I have added an trans cooler.
I bought a cheetah manual valve body but I don't know if it will make the trans more robust

1 - 12 of 12 Posts