Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a turbine housing for a build. Would like a .63 a/r with the Chrysler swing valve pattern. Stage 2 machining a plus but not required.

Scammers, please leave me alone. Every posting I put up has like 90% scammer response. Expect to provide pictures, and answer questions intelligibly that you should be able to if you truly posses the item requested.

Don't tell me to email your buddy who is "the most honest person you know", and I'll be paying with pay pal business, not "send money to a friend or family". I will pay fees for the appropriate sale, but sending money to friends and family is the easiest way to get scammed, and I won't do it. "Cheers!"

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,461 Posts
Chris Wright of Turbos Unleashed has these coming out of his ears because he got burned on a huge group buy. Probably giving the things away at this point since a LOT of people are upgrading to new generation turbos.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris Wright of Turbos Unleashed has these coming out of his ears because he got burned on a huge group buy. Probably giving the things away at this point since a LOT of people are upgrading to new generation turbos.
Ouch, bad for him, good for the folks that want one. I'm sorry to hear that.

What's the story on the group buy burn? I'll have to give him a call if he's got a bunch...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Not that it matters much, but the turbine housings are .63 not .68 AR. IMO, TU'S hardly giving them away, but I still feel they're a good buy if your looking for one. The castings are really nice, IMO better quality than the Turbonetics .63 casting. You'll need to talk to Chris about providing a new swingvalve puck for these housings. It is mandatory to increase the size of the puck on all the production TU's .63 housings, due to a casting error in the location of the swingvalve hole.
Auto part Metal Rim Event Tool

Turbonetics on the left, TU's on the right.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Oh BTW just so you know the Turbonetics F1-54 (stage II), and the Garrett stage II turbine shafts are sized a bit different, so make sure you know what turbine you have, and what the housing it is actually machined for. If I heard correctly from one of the vendors recently, the Garrett stage II turbines are no longer available from Garrett.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually fat fingered my message typing on the phone, but I meant a .63 a/r for the turbine housing even though I realized I made the mistake in the title and first post. And interesting regarding the casting flaw, I'll hit up Chris and ask about it.

Also appreciate the info on the stage 2. I actually think I wanted a stage 3 anyways to match Donovan's setup.

I was kind of hoping someone had one sitting on a shelf somewhere that they wanted to ditch cheap. Most of my parts are opportunistic purchases as I'm trying to build on a budget. I will probably just go with one from Chris, unless a TD guy on here is tired of using thiers as a door stop? Any takers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts