Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 211 Posts

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
I want to start a thread on my buildup, new to TD's so am learning as I go.
Parts on hand,
2.5 CB out of a 91 Dakota,88 Turbo Head, A904 3 speed Torqueflite, Glenn Smith tranny/engine adaptor(thanks turbodave/neon)
No idea on what turbo or EMS am using , Am planning on building my own custom intake and exhaust manifold for the FWD configuration, here are some pictures............Andres.

· Premium Member
10,119 Posts
I would do a 2 piece lower half and a 4" plenum. Or do you want a lower RPM big torque and massive boost engine?

· Registered
4,660 Posts
That is going to be pretty badass when it is done. I would suggest a 16v hybrid head conversion or swap a whole 2.4 16v swap for an extra level of badassness. I am sure the adapter would work- 2.5 and the 2.4 share same fw bolt paterns and only one bolt location is different.
Ps we need pics of the car!

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would do a 2 piece lower half and a 4" plenum. Or do you want a lower RPM big torque and massive boost engine?

Hello :D

Good sugestion,:confused: that's what a friend recommended,:bang head am looking for a lower intake so I can ad the top plenum.

I just put this intake together so I can preplan the routing and placement for the intercooler.

thanks,:)
Andres

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would suggest a 16v hybrid head conversion or swap a whole 2.4 16v swap for an extra level of badassness. I am sure the adapter would work- 2.5 and the 2.4 share same fw bolt paterns and only one bolt location is different.
Ps we need pics of the car!

Yeap a 16 hybrid in the work;), I got another 2.2 to do it, but for now I need to do the 2.5 for the mean time, as the 4g32 is very tired and need replacement soon.

Not sure if the adapter would work , that's why turbodave/neon sold this one to me, it would not work for his 2.4 convertion.

Here are some pictures of my baby! :p

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Make sure to throw away that 1 piece you have in that picture after you get your routing and tests sorted out. :p
Hello Ondonti :D,

So you dont think this intake will get me going for the mean time:eek:.

It give me some pracitice time working of cast aluminum, first time welding on this kind of material, so pourus it holds alot of dirt, oil. I read ,I have to burn the oil with a torch then clean it with some kind of acid before welding.
Usually I just I just wire brush it and wipe with acetone and am good!

Andres

· Premium Member
4,358 Posts
What are you going to do with the 1.6 mitsu?I'd like to have the head carb&headers.I have a really nice 78 challenger that needs an engine (still running okay,but fairly [email protected]).I was thinking about doing the 2.5 swap also but don't think i want to get that involved with this car .My sons driving it to work to save gas .Already have more Turbo projects than we need(5)!! You can see it on pg 4 of More of our cars,my home page.See Profile. PM me if you'd rather not respond here since I kinda hijacked the thread.Nice Colt,keep us up to date.Wish you sucess.

· Premium Member
10,119 Posts
one the intake, as scary as it is looking it'll work a lot better than the stock one. Buy a 2 piece and a 4" plenum and have the welder reverse the end plates lol. With the weight you don't want it to build torque without HP like a cummins. You can also hack the guts out of the intake from the back side and weld a big plate on it turning the 1 piece into a plenum if your good at welding aluminum.

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What are you going to do with the 1.6 mitsu?I'd like to have the head carb&headers.I have a really nice 78 challenger that needs an engine (still running okay,but fairly [email protected]).I was thinking about doing the 2.5 swap also but don't think i want to get that involved with this car .My sons driving it to work to save gas .Already have more Turbo projects than we need(5)!! You can see it on pg 4 of More of our cars,my home page.See Profile. PM me if you'd rather not respond here since I kinda hijacked the thread.Nice Colt,keep us up to date.Wish you sucess.
Hello Daytonas,

I dont have any use for the engine after the swap, but it's going to be a long while before it's available, I got another projects that are draining my funds for this project, I got 3 properties I have to maintain,:mad:, Keep eyes on this thread for implant updates. My friend already have dips on the baby 904.:D

Andres:D

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can also hack the guts out of the intake from the back side and weld a big plate on it turning the 1 piece into a plenum if your good at welding aluminum.
The intake is calling out to me that it wants you to cut it up and do as similar above if you dont get a 2 piece. ;)
Got it guys!!:eek:

Any good pictures of what is should look like, This is my first time welding cast aluminum, I need to practice with it..........................

Andres

· Registered
4,660 Posts
Got it guys!!:eek:

Any good pictures of what is should look like, This is my first time welding cast aluminum, I need to practice with it..........................

Andres
looks like jb weld is going to be your friend on this. :p
Even experienced welders don't like the idea of welding old dirty cast aluminum.

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
are you using a tig for the cast aluminum?
Yes, tig:)

looks like jb weld is going to be your friend on this. :p
Even experienced welders don't like the idea of welding old dirty cast aluminum.
C'om man!!:eek: the part am welding is wire brushed and acetone wiped, I read I have to put the torch heat it up to burn all the junk on the porous(spell).
I tig stock aluminum before, not cast!!

· Registered
243 Posts
Great plaid paneling Batman! You need some blue blockers to look cool enough for that car! So super clean but so 70's!

Superb find!

Dave B

· Premium Member
4,358 Posts
Great plaid paneling Batman! You need some blue blockers to look cool enough for that car! So super clean but so 70's!

Superb find!

Dave B
Thanks-Not really a find I've owned it since 83.My daughter drove it in High School .She put 40k on it in 9 mos!Then she bought our first Daytona. It looks like this today,my son is driving it to save gas getting 35mpg to work.

· Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello All,

Little update on my project, :p
I had an extra dash so I modified to fit my new set of Autometer Z series gauges, new Hurst shifter(reverse pattern)

I got a 8.8 ready to get it narrow, 904 with a Turbo Action valvebody, 2 piece intake and more to follow!
slowly but surely.............:D

Andres

1 - 20 of 211 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.