Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well my first car (83 Plymouth Reliant) has been off the road for awhile. Ive been looking for a project for summer and I decided this could be it. I was wondering if somebody could give me a run down on the wiring real quick and computer. I know Nissan has a system called NATS where you have to reconfigure the ecu or buy an aftermarket one to use it or something like that. Does the srt4 from a neon have that? Also if I use a Pt cruiser Gt engine can I use the srt4 ecu and harnesses? What will I need as far as converting my car to obd II? And from what I read the mounts should be the same in my car as the srt4 correct? I know a good bit about cars and have a decent amount of experience but not too much with chryslers haha Any help will be appreciated.

·
Administrator
24,983 Posts
I moved your thread to a more appropriate section so you hopefully get more looks and the answers you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
What transmission do you have? Auto or manual?

IMO, the easiest way to get an SRT4 motor running your Reliant is to mate it to a 3spd auto from any 2.4 car such as a caravan or stratus, and swap in a wiring harness from an 88-89 turbo k-car (doesnt matter which ones, really), and then get a distributor adapter to put a turbo 2.2/2.5 distributor on the 2.4 head, and run the 2.4 with recalibrated 2.2/2.5 turbo electronics.

It sounds complicated, and it is, but i think it's actually the simplest way to get a running 2.4 in a k-car.

Keep in mind, though, this would still be a pretty massive project if you've never done a motor swap or even motor replacement before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts