The red with white tracer should be your switched 12v or it could be yellow
The solid red wire is the constant 12v

·
Registered
38 Posts
That orange with white tracer is the illumination wire
The red with white tracer should be your switched 12v or it could be yellow
The solid red wire is the constant 12v
Yep I got as far as those, those are confirmed working. Radio turns on as suppsoed to and remembers the set time. Radio also dims when i adjust the headlights dimmer knob.

I can help you with this can you take a pic of the wires in a row so I can see what I am dealing with
As it happens I drove it over to my grandparents for a family lunch and while there (My uncle had a plethora of old electrical things from the 80s when he did cars... spools of various wiring, conectors, testing equipment, etc.. sat there after he passed) and my father and I were able to make out and confirm 3 of the 4 speakers. I've got them labeled and taped. Will probably use my label maker to get something more permanent done for labeling. The last speaker in the passenger door is either disconnected or dead, I'll leave that for another day when I pull the door panel to fix my window regulator tape and lube the power lock.

I appreciate the help, it seems the start I had was correct so that is great!

·
Registered
33 Posts
At some point I would like to replace the speakers in my 86 wagon. It would be nice to have the wiring diagram image but the picture is blurry for some reason as if I am not allowed to see it? Maybe it's photobucket - could you reupload?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts