Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Weber is very GOOD choice if you can find low miles condition on ebay (no rusty, clean looking weber) or buy from carbsonly.com and talk to their tech line.

Go with Weber 32/36 DFEV and box of jets, if you bought used weber, order 137 main, 165 air and idle 60 jets to get you back into original configuration and start tuning from it. Also wideband O2 is recommanded. You WILL need to work on the linkage taken from old carb or junk holley carb (carefully grind off mushroomed center till you get all flat then wiggle off the linkage lever, then grind all other extra stuff off except choke linkage, throttle valve and throttle cable pins, and with slim flat diamond file to widen the flats ever slightly to get fit on the weber's shaft. You want precise fit.

There are no good holley carbs out there, except NOS ones and extremely expensive. Go with Weber.

Cheers, Wizard

·
Registered
731 Posts
They're all pretty much the same. If you want to run a stock carb, try and get one from a 2.2HO found in the shelby charger, Omni GLH. It was a slightly different carb that wasn't as bad as the carbs the regular 2.2's got.

The webber is a very good suggestion. Remember, the holley carbs these cars came with were actually webbers produced under license from webber. Holley just took the design, added on about a pound of extra vacuum ports for emissions crap and sold them to chrysler. Once you get it figured out, the webber greatly simplifies things under the hood of your car. But if you want something just plug and play, my beater 83 shelby runs great with a rebuilt stock carb.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I bought 3 holley carbs from ebay, one from another guy, and 5th from my trusty mechanic. That 5th was what I was driving on for awhile and it's still worn out. The weber I put in place of this one is MUCH better. With good tuning I can get MPG back which I could not get with old holley and idle is more nicer instead of burping and missing, terrible mpg and all.

Stay tuned, I just finished the JAW O2 controller and have the wideband sensor as well. Then I'll have better state of tuning process.

Cheers, Wizard

·
Registered
626 Posts
Be sure your carb is a 6520 (they have O2 feedback valve with 2 screws on top.
5220 does not, just a plain carb.

Cheers, Wizard

·
Registered
626 Posts
You will know if you have one on your carb and look at the exhaust manifold for presence of O2 1 wire sensor. If your emissions rules in your area doesn't require smog check, go ahead and throw all this off with a weber or 5220 carb. Less problems and Weber even better.

Cheers, Wizard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts