Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do i have? bought the car for 5 dollars and dont know anything about it. im a subaru guy and trying out the old skool turbo mopars. please help. what can i mod, what are trouble areas, or do i got a dead fish. any info will help thanks.

·
Registered
401 Posts
hmm, i'm not too positive, but i think its based on the mitsu mirage and isn't considered a true TD. I think they have like a 4g61 if its the car i'm thinking of. good deal though.

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
yes this mitsu car isnt really supported on this website ; but they are great cars and there is a solid mitsubishi community for support

good luck and enjoy the pocket rocket !!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Sell it to me for $10 and double your money!
Can't be bad, some have swapped the 2.0 dohc engines in there. Nice project cars- show some pics. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
4G63T swap FTW ;)

no actually the 1.6 has a lot of potential and without AWD there is little reason to swap a larger motor into it

yur GTS *is* a turbo, right !?!?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here they are.....not much but this thing likes to spin the tires from 1st to 3rd. going to put some aero wheels with hoosiers and take it to the track. so far i put an evo intercooler,custom downpipe i made and wraped,cranked the boost from 7.5 to 15, turned up the fuel pressure a lil, and added a homemade water meth kit..and this thing only weighs 1800 pounds. i want to be in the 13's and the most expensive thing i bought was the intercooler for 50 bucks from my roommate when upgraded his.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when i get more then 5 post i will set up some urls with hi res pics. but for now i got to head over to my scooby forum. thanks for the support and anybody got ideas on suspesion. last resort is to cut em

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
I have had 2, the locals here run 13.8s on 9 PSI lol. Both mine have not run right, currently I have a fuel issue, but mine has 97 G miles though so there is hope. Normally they have a fuel cut off at 9 PSI. I was thinking of trying the boost cut out riser for the Conquest and later Colt turbos with G32s. I bought a Conquest boost line and turbo to get a compressor that will accept a IC line. Also have the conquest IC. After I can get fuel in this thing so it'll run hard I'll do more to mod it. They are a riot, the faster FWD from Japan untill the Mazda 3 turbo lately. First 6 months so many died in them that they recalled the car and removed boost. They ran 14.7 stock at 9 PSI, and had a sticker in the back window that said don't step on it unless you mean it that could be read from the rear view mirror. They were recalled and the boost lowered to 6 PSI. First one I had had no compression, second one doesn't get the fuel. The only imports I've ever wanted to own and they don't run right for me... But I am closer everyday and my kids are closing 16 years old, and need a car lol.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Those things only weight 1800?
L bodies are pigs in comparison. Sounds like fun!

·
Registered
898 Posts
yeah that looks like a pretty sweet deal for 5 bucks. did you get it at a repo auction or something?

and 8 speeds sounds pretty sweet too.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had an 86 Colt turbo sedan as a kid, tons of fun through second gear. Lots of electrical probs as I remember. Left me stranded a few times. Really neat though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts