Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will be listing this on TX Craigslist in Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas.

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,095 Posts
How close are you to Bertram/Burnet?(Oatmeal) I could probably put you in touch with my buddy that has a ranch down there.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Burnet is about 50 miles from where I'm at. My son lives there and I make day trips to visit with him and his family.

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,095 Posts
People on Facebook have caught on. I'm sure someone who intends to part it out is probably on their way.

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,095 Posts
It's too bad I'm not visiting Eric's ranch right now. I'd be over at your place BSing about TDs over a beer.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a call from 4Lbodys friend in MN who will take it. All of it will be put to good use. Thanks to INSANTANSSEAT AND 4LBODYS FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT!

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,095 Posts
Glad to be of help Jim! All I do is try to save these cars and parts. Especially right now being out of work.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's an update for y'all. A guy answered my post on Craigslist with the handle ridelikesatan asking me about the Rampage and wound up selling it to him. A very interesting flatbed tow truck came to the garage to pick it up. It was called High Class Hookers and I can't post the pic because it was pretty risque. Asked the driver about it, and he said that he works for Jesse James. I remarked that it was funny because my name is James West from the Wild Wild West. He said that it would be a Monster Garage project. It took me a while to associate it before the driver said, yeah, he's the pope of the place. Turns out He has moved to Dripping Springs, TX which is a very scenic distant suburb of Austin. He's got acreage, built his house, private workshop/garage and a all new Monster Garage that is full of high tech. Jesse was lining up his project cars/trucks and brought back the original production crew they had used 14 years ago. Was told that shooting was scheduled to start in April, but bet its going to be delayed now,. Monster Garage is set to air on Discovery Channel as they did before. No date has been scheduled as of yet for it to air, but expect at least 6 months or more for shooting, post editing, etc, etc. before it's ready.

Sooo, MY RAMAPGE IS GOING TO BE ON MONSTER GARAGE!! 😁

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,095 Posts
We had an actual crane style truck in Alton for a while called The Cheapest Hooker In Town. I regret to inform them that unless it's less than $13 per tow, they have nothing to back up the name.:ROFLMAO:

Anyway, I guess he saw the one that roadkill built and got super jelly. Can't wait to see it. Hope the driver wasn't full of shit. Hopefully all the awesome FWD stuff doesn't go right in the dumpster.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Yeah, don't hold your breath Wildwest. This has been proven since the dawn of time, that once something is sold, the previous owner is out of the picture when it comes to what happens in the future. The perspective buyer can and will tell you anything to seal the deal, and rightfully so, they can do whatever they want with the item they bought. You reluctantly gave up on your Rampage project, no guarantees that can't happen again. I would venture to guess at least half of all project cars get abandoned. Life just gets in the way. Heck, Jessie James can't even make his mind up on spouses, let alone car projects (lol).
Sounds like no one except you realized you had a silent auction selling your vehicle, as you state you verbally sold the vehicle at least twice, and had at least three different prices posted. Just calling a spade a spade, the reality is you just sold to the highest bidder. If that was the goal, you should have just sold it on Ebay. So much for verbal agreements... Well, glad you sold the vehicle, which was your goal. Good luck on your upcoming move.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts