Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
1984 Rampage 2.2 Prospector
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brother and I picked up a 2.2 automatic with AC from Georgia. We used to have one in high school and always thought it would be fun to have one again and mod it up over time! This Prospector is mostly original with 130K and no rust of any concern. The body has dents and dings here and there, but not crunched. Our goal is not an immediate (expensive) rebuild, but just to hold onto it and make improvements over time. The long game is a fully restored and customized Page with an electric drivetrain and possibly RWD or even AWD. For now, just fixing things in stock fashion and getting it drivable!

Pic is from January 2020 after it was shipped here to Iowa. We aren't driving it at all in winter in order to keep it away from salt and sand. So we had a few fun test drives and then washed it. Paint has no clear coat and the wheels are ridiculous, but all in good time!
Page.jpg

Registered
Nice to see. I love those Rampages. Almost impossible to find one here in Manitoba! They are all rusted out. Keep us updated on progress.

Registered
1984 Rampage 2.2 Prospector
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a flashback to the late 80s to the house I grew up in. Pretty sure Patrick (older bro) is pulling the wagon, and I'm sitting in the whiskey cask. Younger brother (b.1989) may not have been born.

The '84 Rampage pictured (not the one we're rebuilding) was first purchased by my grandparents. They gave it to one of the grandkids who drove it for years. When my older brother and I were old enough to drive in about 2000, my dad bought it from the cousin. We had it couple years, and boy we DROVE IT. It was a 2.2 with 5-speed stick, and so much fun. That car is the reason that we brought home the project car 20 years later!

**Props if you can name the pickup next to it, or the gray car in the garage!

Registered
I tried to PM you, but it's not working for me. so:

I've been driving mine in Alaska for too many years to remember. This is a great car for the snow, but I bail for the winter to Arizona so it's in the garage all winter: one spot of rust.

Now It's time to do what you are doing and go through the 84 Rampage and bring it back to... not sure. I'm sort of thinking of converting it to electric. We have a surplus of hydroelectric in Juneau and I can charge it up for free, but the cost of the conversion would not warrant the effort. However, I could realize a significant improvement in performance.:) Probably the best course of action is to just rip out everything not relevant to producing power and maybe "soup up" the 2.2. then call it good.

With your permission, I would like to follow you and your efforts and ask for advice from time-to time. I stopped any real mechanicing years ago, but still fiddle around with cars, boats and bikes so modern systems are pretty foreign to me. Thanks for your time.

A

Premium Member
Here's a flashback to the late 80s to the house I grew up in. Pretty sure Patrick (older bro) is pulling the wagon, and I'm sitting in the whiskey cask. Younger brother (b.1989) may not have been born.

The '84 Rampage pictured (not the one we're rebuilding) was first purchased by my grandparents. They gave it to one of the grandkids who drove it for years. When my older brother and I were old enough to drive in about 2000, my dad bought it from the cousin. We had it couple years, and boy we DROVE IT. It was a 2.2 with 5-speed stick, and so much fun. That car is the reason that we brought home the project car 20 years later!

**Props if you can name the pickup next to it, or the gray car in the garage!

View attachment 272690
I'll guess and say that the car in the garage is a Lancer ES Turbo in PA9 Charcoal Grey Metalic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts