Turbo Dodge Forums banner

85 2.2L Turbo Spark Plug Replacement - No Start

579 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  NAJ 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Recently I managed to snag an '85 LeBaron Town & Country from an online listing. The car was sitting in an exposed area for a year, but it started right up and ran great for the first 1.4k miles, so I was super happy with the purchase.

Two days ago I ran over to AutoZone to grab some new plugs for the car, as I'd noticed the engine was skipping a few beats periodically (at idle and high speeds it would periodically feel as if it kicked back, like it was misfiring every once in a while). I pulled the old plugs after a decent bit of effort and rust penetrator, and installed the new ones. After reconnecting the distributor wires, however, the engine wouldn't catch. It would turn over almost endlessly and feel as if it was just about to catch but wouldn't. I tried reinstalling the old plugs but the same issue persisted. I'm puzzled because the vehicle ran perfectly fine before switching out the plugs, and I don't think I touched anything else.

I tried checking the error codes through the check engine light but one of the quirks about this vehicle is that the CE light never illuminates - I'm assuming the bulb itself is broken or potentially the ECU isn't acting like it should (same applies to the power light).

This is my first foray into vehicle maintenance, any help on this front would be truly appreciated.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.