Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
K, here is my notes, LMK if ya need help

Move Pin #4 on the Blue Connector (Black/orange or pink)
to Pin #4 on the Red Connector (Just cut the old orange/green wire it's useless on the T2 Swap part)

Move Pin #14 on the blue connector (white/orange)
to Pin #9 on the Red Connector

Map Wiring
Use the White/Violet one off the "underhood map" or the Red Wire on the stock map too The Red connector Pin #1

Use the Dark Green/Red off the "underhood map" or the Black wire on the stock map too The blue connector Pin #19

Use THe Black/Light blue wire off the "underhood map" or the white wire on the stock map and splice it into The Red Connector
Pin #25

For the TPS, just match the wires on the old connector too the new connector

For the AIS, match up the old wires too there matching ones, and for the two extra ones

Black/Yellow To Pin #16 on the Red Connector
Violet/Brown to Pin #20 on the Red Connector

This is a picture of the "Pinouts"
http://www.minimopar.net/ecu/lm-1986-t1.html
http://www.minimopar.net/ecu/lm-1987-t2.html

Just incase you get confused check those pages this is all the help I had too figure it out, you should do just fine, took me like 10 minutes after getting the wires through the firewall... which too me about an hour

·
Registered
677 Posts
Garret said:

Move Pin #14 on the blue connector (white/orange)
to Pin #14 on the Red Connector
Bzzzzzt. Minor error here. Should be "move pin #14 on the blue connector (white/orange) to pin #9 on the red connector."

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah he's right Typo on my behalf :bang head

G

·
On the map sensor ? Do you need to rewire in on all models or is this year specific? I am doing my GLH today, Im about finished with the wiring except for the map.

Someone please help me to understand this Map wiring better. Isnt the map on the Logic module?

Steven

·
Registered
953 Posts
re wires

on the 87 csx/ daytona / lebaron has out side map which lm do u have? there a tec buliton to move out side to stop vac line freeze up for us northern folk.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
psst

Anyone else got same for doing a 92 t1 to a 91 t2?

G

·
i got a 86 glh i put a 88 daytona t2 motor in it and i get no spark at the coil . and do i need to move all these wires i have a glhs logic moduel . from fwd . i hate electrical i suck at it so i was woundering if u can help me out thanx :bang head

G

·
do you know if i need to do this, cause i have a glhs logic moduel please let me know before i start changing wires around ,
just to recap i got a 86 t1 glh , i put a 88 daytona t2 motor in it so far i got a glhs logic modue. anything else that you know of that i would need , i got ic pipeing and all that other stuff. but i mean electrical parts . PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
The only wires you need to add are the additional wires for the ais. Your 86 LM is the same as a glhs.

The wiring they are talking about isgoing from 86 based (GLH/GLHS) and earlier cars to 87 Shelby Z TII based (underhood map)

Reactions: DC Turismo

·
Registered
91 Posts
I found this page very helpful.

http://fwdmopar.50megs.com/T2conv.html

I suggest reading several times to fully comprehend.

Also check Gary's and minimopars sites as suggested in previous replys.

I finished my conversion last summer and didn't have a single wiring error. I went from 86 daytona t1 to 87 daytona t2 so I ended up moving wires. I also pulled wires out of the t2 harness becuase I wanted a clean look and didn't want to splice wires. Picky me.

Remember to take your time and read/ask if you are confused or uncertain about anything. I also got pinout information of the 86 t1 and 87 t2 LMs and went pin by pin to find the differences. This made it easier for me to understand what the articles mentioned above were talking about and what I needed to do.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Need Help Bad :(

I'm trying to finish my TII conversion, but I'm stuck on the electrical. I've looked at this thread, and all the dodgegarage and assorted conversion pages, but my wiring doesn't seem to match.

I seem to have wires where they shouldn't be, and some aren't where wires should be... Remember it's like almost 3am as I'm working on this :(

Will Garret's instruction work on an '86 Turbo I Lancer? I'm really nervous about messing to much with the wiring harness, and just want to be sure I know whats going where.

We're using the LM from an '87 Shelby Daytona Z, and attempting to use the stock MAP.

I've ran 3 wires from the map to the computer, where do they go?

I've ran the two new wires for the AIS to the computer, where do they go?

Are there any other pins that I need to move?

I'm hoping to have it running tomarrow, but I need to have it running by Monday night, as it's a daily driver.

After digging a little deeper, it appears I got some bad info on the numbering of the pins, the wires appear to be correct per minimopar.com.

Thanx in advance,
Tim

·
Registered
91 Posts
Try this.

The first link is your current 86 LM pinout and the second link is the LM pinout you need your wiring adapted to for the T2 conversion.

link 1: http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/ecu/lm-1986-t1.html
link 2: http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/ecu/lm-1987-t2.html

What I did was printed them both out and found the differences between the two and made the appropiate changes. Pay close attention to wire gage and color and also your grounds. Also I think my wires were a little different when it came to the EGR solenoid because the T2 daytona didn't have it so they used that wire for the purge canister or something like that. I think it talks about it on the links above. When I was all done, I went through my LM setup and check it pin by pin with the pinout from link 2.

I went from an 86 daytona T1 to a 87 daytona T2 LM and worked for me. I didn't have a single wiring issue and car fired right up. Just take your time and double check.

Hope this helps.
Josh

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm going to print the pinouts for 86 T1, 86/7 GLHS, and 87 T2.

My question is - will I have to relocate any pins if I run a GLHS computer in my 1985 T2 Conversion L-body. Do I simply just have to add the 2 wires for the AIS - nothing more?

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
You just add the wires... Did it to my 87 SC

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thanks Ken!

GLHS Electronics it is for now, since I'm lazy :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just Did This Last Week

I just did this conversion last week. I did it just as stretch described in an earlier post, went to minimopar and printed out both the GLHS and Daytona logic module pinouts and made note of the differences. I was fortunate enough to have bought the wiring overlays from Cindy for the oxygen sensor, charge sensor and the AIS/TPS. So those were very easy. The MAP sensor I did very easily too. Since the new setup doesn't use an EGR valve, the old EGR solenoid signal wire (#6 blue connector) became the MAP signal wire (#19 blue connector). Just cut the old wire at the plug right before the EGR solenoid, then soldered it to the DG/RD* wire on the MAP plug and then just move the pin from the blue #6 to the blue #19 hole. Then, for the MAP power supply (#1 red plug) I used an unused wire, (OR/LG* in red plug, #4 cavity). That runs to the main firewall plug cavity #9. I cut the wire before the firewall plug and pulled it back through the wire bundle, routed it over to the MAP sensor and soldered it to the VT/WT*. Then put that wire in the #1 cavity of the red plug. For the sensor signal ground wire, I spliced the MAP's BK/LB* to the charge sensor's BK/LB*. Done.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Originally posted by Ken Adler
The only wires you need to add are the additional wires for the ais. Your 86 LM is the same as a glhs.
Ken,
Does this mean that a MP logic module for a T1 86 SC would be the same as a GLHS computer? I could switch to a blow through setup and only add the 2 AIS wires to the computer and run the T1 MP logic module without an intercooler for a little while while I gather the Intercooler parts?

I am just trying to make sure I understand the differences between T1 and GLHS. Any info appreciated.
Pat

1 - 20 of 86 Posts