Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i still really need this tranny i have the money just a matter of finding the trans if you got one let me know please

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you looking for one with a,(I believe 6 bolt flexplate), and 3 bolt converter?
I think the 86.5 and up were 8 bolt crank
im not 100% sure on this i still have to pull mine and im new to td's i know my car is really a 85 mnf in nov of 85 i will ask pope's opinion on this one and see what he says

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
im not 100% sure on this i still have to pull mine and im new to td's i know my car is really a 85 mnf in nov of 85 i will ask pope's opinion on this one and see what he says
85 will be a 6 bolt on the crank and 3 bolt to the converter. So the trans
Keito has is what you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Did Keith Auto have one or just asking? I have one that is in good working order with the convertor. Pm me if you're still looking.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did Keith Auto have one or just asking? I have one that is in good working order with the convertor. Pm me if you're still looking.
not sure waiting on his reply how much are you looking for yours? and just bc ive had this happen to me once will your trans also come with transfer case?

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
not sure waiting on his reply how much are you looking for yours? and just bc ive had this happen to me once will your trans also come with transfer case?
I Don't think so it's not a 4X4 LOL. Mine is aA413 from an 85 Laser. It's complete and ready to bolt in.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I Don't think so it's not a 4X4 LOL. Mine is aA413 from an 85 Laser. It's complete and ready to bolt in.
lol you know what i mean im completely beat 13 hour work day the part the trans that the half shafts conect into i know im sounding like a complete retard to everyone reading lol this is what happens when your brains on no sleep:bang head

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
if the car was built in late 85 and the sticker under the hood says 86 it is an 86 model year car that should have an 8 bolt crank. That and many late 85s had the 8 bolt crank anyway, more closer to a mid year change

I would get a turbo mini van trans and do all the up grades and over haul on the the floor and add it. Also you'll need the bigger axles too. Yours has the lame diff and you need to get a later trans.

Talking about what you really have is a bit of a waste of time as far as the trans. You should get a mini van type, 88 up turbo trans with the high stall converter and get the flex plate too. Then over haul the new trans while still driving the car and then swap it all in. So on a game plan I would just dump the stock trans and not worry about it. The car should have a 782 head and be a 8 bolt crank.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if the car was built in late 85 and the sticker under the hood says 86 it is an 86 model year car that should have an 8 bolt crank. That and many late 85s had the 8 bolt crank anyway, more closer to a mid year change

I would get a turbo mini van trans and do all the up grades and over haul on the the floor and add it. Also you'll need the bigger axles too. Yours has the lame diff and you need to get a later trans.

Talking about what you really have is a bit of a waste of time as far as the trans. You should get a mini van type, 88 up turbo trans with the high stall converter and get the flex plate too. Then over haul the new trans while still driving the car and then swap it all in. So on a game plan I would just dump the stock trans and not worry about it. The car should have a 782 head and be a 8 bolt crank.
no sticker under hood sticker ondriver door calling for 85 car wasnt sold untill 86.everything is out of and 85 for her.my problem is my trans is blown now so i just need an imidiate drop in just to get me threw the year but ill post up some pics of what happened i think you all will be quite interested in seeing this

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
the tranny's are the same. the toqure convet's are difrrenet on a 3 or 4 bolt pattren. to the flex plate
The trannies a Different because of the torque convertors. They are NOT interchangeable because the Main input is different.3 bolt convertors are 84-85 only for 6 boltcrank- all others are 4 bolt for the 8 bolt crank. I put the 89 in my 85 by making a custom flexplate and using the later starter. Also you'll have to change to late axles to convert .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts