Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a very nice 85 charger, T1 engine, that being said, i have a few questions.

1.If its a log style intake, what needs to be done to get it to 1-piece/2-piece.
2. if i throw forged pistons/rods+IC, will it be as durable as a t2
3. would be it easier/cheaper to just do a full T2 engine swap

i dont really know much about TD's but id like to make it boost around 20 psi w/ no huge issues.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Im looking at a very nice 85 charger, T1 engine, that being said, i have a few questions.

1.If its a log style intake, what needs to be done to get it to 1-piece/2-piece.

You need an intake manifold and an adapter for the turbo to transform it from blow through to later style, plus intercooler hose and intercooler if you want it intercooled.

2. if i throw forged pistons/rods+IC, will it be as durable as a t2

Forged pistons are a great investment and great insurance incase you get detonation. The 89 and newer blocks are stronger than the 88 and prior blocks, but there are guys making big power on the 88 and prior blocks.

3. would be it easier/cheaper to just do a full T2 engine swap

It would probably be easier to start with an 89+ T1 engine, just swap the mitsu turbo and pistons (if you want forged pistons) or want to go from 2.5 back to 2.2 (89+T1's are 2.5 litres).

i dont really know much about TD's but id like to make it boost around 20 psi w/ no huge issues.
See above

1 - 2 of 2 Posts