Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to make my Omni idle & run I have to hold the ignition key ever so slightly before the point where the starter engages. If i let it rest in the "on" position after starting it the spark turns off (as seen with timing light on coil wire). Is there a wire in the engine compartment that I can just hotwire or put on a switch to give it power when I want to the car to run? I'm just trying to get it running so I can move it around under its own power.

TIA
-Brandon

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yes, that is definately possible. You would need to know the diagram for your ignition system though.

What about just having the tumbler/key fixed. Would amount to about the same hassle, don't you think?

- Jim

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
there is nothing wrong with the key/tumbler it's the actual switch. may need to be adjusted or replaced. look at the column near the brake pedal, you will see the switch. there are 2 bolts that hold the swich. loosen the bolts and slide the switch for adjustment. or just replace it all together.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
under the ignition column, there will be a mass of wires. Three, however, will be thicker than all the rest.

red to blue - engine "on"
red to blue to yellow- engine "start"

after engine starts quickly remove the yellow wire so starter does not keep spinning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. It was exactly what I was looking for. I was afraid that I'd get the "use the search feature" response for sure, but thankfully this was not the case.

I'll troubleshoot/replace the said switch and see what happens. I'm dying to resurrect this GLH... Thanks again...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts