Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.2L turbo dodge omni glh turbo. It runs on ether but will barely run on its own fuel. Normally about 400 rpm. This car has 2 fuel pumps, I just replaced the in-tank pump. I wz thinking of replacing injectors. When I took out the fuel rail the injector tips were very dirty n would not spray should I replace them or is it another problem. The only fault codes im getting r 31 (purge canister) n 35 radiator fan relay. Any ideas?

·
Registered
271 Posts
If the car sat for any length of time, you need to clean the whole fuel system, including the tank. Gasoline with ethanol in it turns to some awful crap when it sits for more than a couple months.

Get as much of the old fuel out of the tank, lines, rail and injectors. Replace the fuel filter. Soak the injectors in some good injector cleaner like Techron and then check their spray pattern again.

Remember too, that gas loses octane the longer it sits in addition to the sludge problems. After you get everything cleaned up, put some fresh 92 octane fuel in the tank, preferably without ethanol in it. If there aren't any other problems, the car should run ok, but you might have to change the filter again after a short period of time depending on how much junk is in the tank.

·
Registered
696 Posts
If the car sat for any length of time, you need to clean the whole fuel system, including the tank. Gasoline with ethanol in it turns to some awful crap when it sits for more than a couple months.

Get as much of the old fuel out of the tank, lines, rail and injectors. Replace the fuel filter. Soak the injectors in some good injector cleaner like Techron and then check their spray pattern again.

Remember too, that gas loses octane the longer it sits in addition to the sludge problems. After you get everything cleaned up, put some fresh 92 octane fuel in the tank, preferably without ethanol in it. If there aren't any other problems, the car should run ok, but you might have to change the filter again after a short period of time depending on how much junk is in the tank.
I would definately listen to this!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the advice, but ive already cleand tank, put in new n tank pump fuel filter new. Filled it with 93 premium, pumped out about a gallon of new fuel from the return side of system. Im getting new injectors @ noon. Its gettin plenty of pressure 2 the rail but injectors not squirtin when pulled out. How important is the code 31.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No not that im aware of. This is not my first omni I had a 89.single port. This is my first multi port n first turbo. Which.is y I think my prob lies there.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Well the purge is for your egr? You should have 4 solenoids on your passenger side fender well and you will get codes if those are apart... The other one has to do with a canister at the front of the car on that side

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
here is a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The vapor canister is open but my question is would that cause it not 2 run properly? All ive read seem like its a pretty insignificant code

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big thanx on the pix. Im gonna put n the new injectors after work. If it still dont work ill b back this evening. Thanx, n this is y I only own mopars. Mopar ppl r the best group of ppl n the world.

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
Well the purge is for your egr? You should have 4 solenoids on your passenger side fender well and you will get codes if those are apart... The other one has to do with a canister at the front of the car on that side
purge is for the evap emissions system not egr. that isnt a reaaly significant code really and wont hinder drivability, just make sure all the vacuum lines are attached as designed and go from there. it is quite common for the solinoids to fail over time, it may just be as simple as that but you have to verify the basics are correct first.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
My bet is on the injectors are fowled up with old gas and not squirting fuel or very little is a good indication of such,If you replace injectors or clean them out and still a problem check the wiring connector at the fuel rail, And check the ground strap is still attached to firewall and the upperbolt on passenger side of fuel rail. The ground strap connecting the firewall to engine is the same ground strap that hooks on to the back of the stereo deck in the dash.In case you need a new one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now my bet is on the injectors 2. Injector #3 wz leakin thru the plug. All new injectors will b here thur or fri. Now 2 my next ? What is this called n wheres the best place 2 get a new 1 and where does the little vacuum go (the nipple is broke off this 1 n the hose is gone). Its attached 2 the intake runner, big opening 4 main vac points 2 pass side, small nipple faces rear. I havnt seen anything in all the vacuum diagrams ive looked at. Well pic wont uplaoad from my phone!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now my bet is on the injectors 2. Injector #3 wz leakin thru the plug. All new injectors will b here thur or fri. Now 2 my next ? What is this called n wheres the best place 2 get a new 1 and where does the little vacuum go (the nipple is broke off this 1 n the hose is gone). Its attached 2 the intake runner, big opening 4 main vac points 2 pass side, small nipple faces rear. I havnt seen anything in all the vacuum diagrams ive looked at. Well pic wont uplaoad from my phone!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts