Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my Bluehaired 85 New Yorker, it is awesome, but, I have some need of this most excellent forum's help on a couple of issues:

When I purchased this it raced like a scalded dog. I heard a vacuum leak and so following the great ideas in here put in a vac manifold. That seemed to cure the racing idle. The guy I bought it from had replaced the idle air control valve but the wires are black and white and do not match the wires that are on the car.

I am now getting codes 13, and 25 and the power light is on. I ran a new feed to the vac feed side on the Baro solenoid, but not from the output to the MAP sensor. It has good power, but will only start if I floor the gas pedal.

Any thoughts?

Jim

·
Administrator
25,553 Posts
Code 13 is a vacuum issue with the Map, either...
1)Map Output Voltage does not Equal Throttle Position
2)No Change in Map Voltage from Key On to Engine Cranking.

Code 25 is AIS Control Circuit.

Diagnostics are being sent thru PM.

So there is no confusion...
All 85/86 vehicles use the same diagnostics for Code 25 and all 85-87 vehicles with an LM mounted Map use the same diagnostics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sending the diagnosis sheets. One question that I have is what shoudl be the resistance? I get about 4.5 ohms, not much. The guy put on a new unit, I am trying to find another one in a junk yard, but there are not many.

Thanks again,

Jim

·
Administrator
25,553 Posts
Sorry, I have no idea what resistance should be.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your help! I got a used AIS and Throttle Position Sensor and put them in yesterday. The power light is off, and I am up and running. Is there any preventative maintenance that should be done on the AIS? What should it be cleaned with if it gets nasty? The one I had had some surface rust on it, but was functional.

Thanks for having such a great forum, the blue haired car is up and running smooth and in classic Chrysler Corinthian Leather luxury!

Next up, exhaust mods, the muffler and tailpipe are tiny!

Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow that is awesome! Did you do a T2 conversion, or what did you do? Your intake looks like it has a intercooler (I have only limited experience with a GM Turbo HHR SS:rolleyes:) Your engine looks amazing. Also is it easy to switch the 4 studs with 5, so you can get the wheels you have? How great it is, mine is also white. I need to get a few things wrapped up and then get my pics up.

·
Legendary Driver
10,967 Posts
thanks, yes I did a T2 conversion when the original head gasket decided it wanted to start pissing water out the side of it under the cam gear. Stock T2 intercooler setup. A 5 lug setup is an easy swap on these cars. Under those wheels are 11" 4 wheel discs from a 89/90 Shelby Daytona or Lebaron GTC along with the dual pivot kframe and control arms and big sway bars.

It's a real sleeper. Almost too much so as you really have to antagonize someone into a race.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.