Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys -

I was just about to sell my car to a buddy to make room for other toys, and when I started it up, the 'Power Loss' lamp was on. Sure enough, it's in Limp Mode, and won't accelerate over about 3k RPM.
I did notice that after starting it and turning it off a few times, that the lamp went out and once it ran fine, but 2 seconds later it went back into limp mode, but this time with the 'Power Loss' lamp off.
I checked the codes, and got the following:

12 - Battery recently disconnected (I replaced the battery not long ago)
24 - TPS above 4.96V
52 - O2 sensor stuck at rich
53 - Logic Module Internal Problem (yikes!)

I had an 86 SC way back when, and this would happen when one of the vacuum hoses came off the solenoid on the fender, so I checked those, and they look fine. I didn't see any other obvious vacuum hoses not connected.

This car has sat for the past few months, but I have started it and moved it around from time to time. This is the first time this has happened, so not sure what it is.

I'll try disconnecting the battery for a while, and see what happens, but the car has sat and sat, and all the sudden started doing this business.

Ideas?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a follow-up on this, in case someone else runs across the same thing.

I poked around and had a look at the LM. The blue harness plug had some visible corrosion on it, so I pulled the LM out completely, and inside the plug it was all green oxidation. I blew it out, hooked everything back up, and no more Limp Mode. Hopefully it will stay gone.

I know the car leaks water into the RF floor when it rains, so I am guessing it's the sunroof. I would guess it's running down the RF A-pillar, and that's how the LM is getting corroded on the blue plug.

I'll post another follow-up if things change, but I'm thinking this is the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts