Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1985 Daytona Turbo Z and the Turn Signals and Brake Lights do not turn on. The headlights, High beams, and running lights work just fine.
Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
11,699 Posts
does the dome light work?
dome light should be on the same fuse as the brakelights so a short to ground in the interior lighting could also cause the problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the dome light works and I was checking all of the fuses anyways (since I just bought it and I am trying to get a list of all of the repairs/replacements I need) and I had the accessories on when one of the fuel lines busted.
So I have to focus on that for now, but thank you for a warm welcome to TD and for helping me out. Oh and when I come back to this problem if I can't figure it out, should I create a new topic or just come back to this one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, I replaced the flasher for the turn signals and they work now. The brake lights also work but I'm not sure why, I haven't tried to fix it but they work now so I'm not questioning it. But now there are 2 other issues, the hazards do not work and neither does the horn. I haven't been able to look too deep into the problems yet but i know it is not the fuses. I may try and find a way to take the cover for the steering wheel off to trace the wire back for the hazards and also try and figure out how to get to the horn.

·
Administrator
24,458 Posts
There are two separate flashers for the T/S and Hazards.

Before tearing into the column do you have power at the horn(s) on the DG/RD wire when the horn button is depressed?

·
Registered
136 Posts
okat, and where is that located, you know that.
my hazardlights won't work anymore.

i tried an other switch and checked all the bulbs in and out of the car.

·
Administrator
24,458 Posts
The combo flasher is located behind the knee bolster on a bracket by the steering column.

Here are pics of the combo flasher.

mail (3).jpg

mail (4).jpg

mail (5).jpg

·
Administrator
24,458 Posts
Dealer Only, Discontinued.

The Chrysler Parts Catalog lists separate flashers and the combo flasher depending on the model of Daytona/Lebaron.

If you do have the Combo Flasher what is the part # on yours?
4504216 (90)
4504217 (90 Europe)
4373429 (91-94, although this is the unit in my car which is early production 90 (9/89).

Type Mopar #________ into eBay or the part # into https://www.rearcounter.com/

·
Administrator
24,458 Posts
The part # on your flasher is not a good part # anywhere, since it was "Made In Germany" I assume it is probably a foreign replacement.
According to my research and going by the numbers located next to each terminal your flasher is the same flasher as mine with a different part #.

According to the Sylvania (Novita) website which explains what the numbers mean, there is an aftermarket replacement, that would be a Novita EP26.
(I learned something new)

SYLVANIA/NOVITA WEBSITE
Flasher Quick Reference | Novita Technologies

ROCK AUTO
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1324292&jsn=254&jsn=254

·
Registered
136 Posts
yes, i will do that.
perhaps another advise? Where to buy refurbished BCM, you know that?

i receive the new flasher on monday already.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts