Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like every Daytona owner - I am searching for a set of window louvers for my ‘86 Daytona. Specifically I am looking for both rear glass and side windows louvers, with mounting equipment. I am located in NC and would rather pickup with my truck, I am willing to travel anywhere between NC and Maine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Are you looking for Mopar louvers? Very hard to come by these days. If you're OK with aftermarket, Astra-Hammond/Willpak still builds them. They are made-to-order (and expensive). Over $350.00 for an aluminum (or ABS plastic) rear set and $150.00-$160.00 for the ABS side window kits. I actually prefer the aftermarket ABS louvers because they're generally lighter. I have a Mopar kit that came with my '86 Daytona. It's not only heavy, but the left and right sides extend slightly beyond the window's edge and the louvers rest on/rub on the paint. Yes, they're padded, but after decades the paint is gone.

Anyway, here's a link to one vendor. You can do an online search with the part numbers and probably find them for a bit less somewhere else.

Plastic rear set (Astra Hammond 1162)

Aluminum rear set (Astra Hammond 10981). Will not fit cars with rear wiper.

Plastic side window kit (Astra Hammond 10162)

Best of luck in your search.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you looking for Mopar louvers? Very hard to come by these days. If you're OK with aftermarket, Astra-Hammond/Willpak still builds them. They are made-to-order (and expensive). Over $350.00 for an aluminum (or ABS plastic) rear set and $150.00-$160.00 for the ABS side window kits. I actually prefer the aftermarket ABS louvers because they're generally lighter. I have a Mopar kit that came with my '86 Daytona. It's not only heavy, but the left and right sides extend slightly beyond the window's edge and the louvers rest on/rub on the paint. Yes, they're padded, but after decades the paint is gone.

Anyway, here's a link to one vendor. You can do an online search with the part numbers and probably find them for a bit less somewhere else.

Plastic rear set (Astra Hammond 1162)

Aluminum rear set (Astra Hammond 10981). Will not fit cars with rear wiper.

Plastic side window kit (Astra Hammond 10162)

Best of luck in your search.
Thank you for the wealth of info. I think for the side window louvers - the aftermarket is what I’ll go for cause I’ve rare seen one come up.

I think I’ve found a Interpart LiftLouver on a parts car but it’s all the way in Nova Scotia. It always seems like impossible to find one relatively close

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the DC aluminum louvers I took off of my 85’. I would think they would also fit an 86’. I’ve been planing on selling them, I just haven’t wanted to deal with shipping. I’m located in west Michigan if you’re interested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a couple sets of Mopar rear window louvers for your car just the rear glass but I live in Wisconsin and I know they are expensive to ship
I have the DC aluminum louvers I took off of my 85’. I would think they would also fit an 86’. I’ve been planing on selling them, I just haven’t wanted to deal with shipping. I’m located in west Michigan if you’re interested.
It seems the good stuff is always out west. Whether it’s turbo car parts or old school 60s Mopars! I’d like to investigate the shipping

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I have a rear window louver that I removed from my '93. It is a factory unit. I am in Alabama. It needs a new home.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
For shipping you guys should check out doing it Greyhound. A few months ago I sold some L-Body louvers to someone in Oregon. UPS with my discount wanted ~$120. Greyhound did it for $63 IIRC. Got there in 2 days also.

Reactions: IBStealthy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts