Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting sick of the fact of another Winter aproaching and not having driven the GLHS once this year figure it's time to move on. This is the last TD to go.

The car has newer paint, re-done wheels, freshened interior, new head gasket, and clutch.

88K miles never seen salt, $7,000 OBO.

Thinking of something a little newer like a 05+ V8 Mustang, a 97+ Vette also comes to mind. Actually if sold the money could go towards the 69 Goat I passed on last year.

Way to busy to answer PM's please send any inquires to my email addy at
dougger222 at hotmail.com or call me at 612-298-1228.

Just want to see it go to a good home with a garage.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Just want to see it go to a good home with a garage.
Well, that leaves me out. Good luck selling a very nice GLHS.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a link to the cardomain site it's on,

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/423501/1

Don't really need to sell the car but figured the day I really wanted to sell it would never come. After losing so much time and sleep over the 89 CSX decided at that point I no longer had the time for such a rare car.

Besides averaging 500 miles between major failures is not my idea of fun. When they run they run though... The V8 4brl 65 Stang sits too and that car has never had a lick of trouble. Get in, start and floor it, repeat. Not saying Ford is better than Dodge but the dependability is 10 times better.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what are some of the failures that have occured every 500 miles?
The GLHS,
Clutch, timing belt, head gasket. Owned the car for five years and put under 2K miles on it.

The CSX,
Timing belt, head gasket, and a problem so complicated one of MN's finest couldn't figure it out. Had the car for a year and put around 1K miles on it. This car is why I got out of it. Really liked it but didn't like the problems, 58K miles.

The Shelby Daytonas,
Tranny, head gasket, timing belts, and rod bearings, it's been a while...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Who re-did your wheels, and how much did they charge? They look awsome!

Precision Wheel in Hopkins, MN. They did at least two other sets of Centurion 1's. One of the wheels had to have some minor welding and the cost was just under $400 but this was three years ago. They also painted the intake and Shelby 2 piece valve cover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The GLHS,
Clutch, timing belt, head gasket. Owned the car for five years and put under 2K miles on it.

The CSX,
Timing belt, head gasket, and a problem so complicated one of MN's finest couldn't figure it out. Had the car for a year and put around 1K miles on it. This car is why I got out of it. Really liked it but didn't like the problems, 58K miles.

The Shelby Daytonas,
Tranny, head gasket, timing belts, and rod bearings, it's been a while...
I love these turbo dodge rides and really liked my 85 Shelby Charger..but I don't miss the poor quality and all the tow truck calls. AAA lost a fortune on my membership!;)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what are some of the failures that have occured every 500 miles?

The others have had issues as well, this is what I had at one time,

85 Shelby Charger x2 both black
85 GLH blue rust free
85 GLH silver DC over engine intercooler
86 GLHS 284 (last 1)
87 Shelby Daytona T2 black
88 Shelby Daytona T2 x3 red, white, and maroon(repaint) all rust free
88 Lancer Shelby T2 white
89 Daytona Shelby T1 blue
89 CSX 339 rust free 58K miles

12 total!!! Thanks to TD everyone sold in very quick time. One guy bought three!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love these turbo dodge rides and really liked my 85 Shelby Charger..but I don't miss the poor quality and all the tow truck calls. AAA lost a fortune on my membership!;)
AAA towed a couple TD's to their new owners! One was a 100.8 mile tow and it would have been over $350, thanks AAA. BTW, they didn't charge me for the .8 miles!

Actually in the insurance restoration business and AAA home insurance is pretty good. They only need to see 4 hail hits in a 10X10 area. Average is 10 and Allstate being the worse insurance company on the planet needs 16.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I made a few of those cars go to the big scrap yard in the sky. I actually had the maroon 88 Shelby Z up and running but decided to part it out because it was going to cost too much to repaint. The 87 TII engine lives on in the wifes GTC convertable.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Doug, sorry to hear you are selling. Bump for another very nice GLHS for sale in MN! Between yours, Scott Frasers, and Jessie's gold GLHT. Those are some beauties, all unfortunately for sale:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts