Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.....so at one point the signals would just stay on solid with no "blink" and if I tapped on the upper of the 2 flashers they would blink for a while then the next time i tried to use them it was the same thing. The hazzards wont work at all either. I put all new bulbs in and 2 new flashers and they still wont work. The fuse is ok too. I checked. Any ideas? Common prob? Common fix?

·
Administrator
25,746 Posts
Are all the exterior bulbs lighting and not blinking or are the indicators lighting and none or some of the exterior T/S bulbs are not lighting?
I assume a GLHS is a 2 door? Wiring is different.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
They are virtually the same, just minor differences, ex. rear hatch release and no rear speakers. But I would take a look at your connectors to your lights, because I would say that you have a shorting out problem such that you can get them to work for a moment, but then they don't work. I know with my Rampage, I had the same problem, which the Rampage harness is just about the same in terms of blinkers and all, and I had to replace a few of the connectors since they had shorted out on the inside. Swapped out the connectors that were known to work. And bam, worked perfectly. That is just a thought you may want to try. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
******FIXED*******!!!!!!

The problem was just a loose fuse. The signal fuse had one side that fit loose into the fuse box, so I snugged up the connector and bam! all fixed........the hazzards still dont work but Im not so worried about those right now. They are not a driving saftey factor right now.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
since your 4 way flashers are not working here is a little bit of knowledge that might help you later. If the 4 way flasher switch is on your turn signals will not work.
Tim

·
Registered
999 Posts
The hazards in my SC didn't work, it turned out to be corroded contacts inside the switch. I just pullled the switch out and pushed it back in repeatedly until they started working. I had to solder my own ground to the rear light sockets (the steel inner part) :p to get the signals working. :bang head

1 - 8 of 8 Posts