Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What head came stock on the 86 GLHS? I am guessing it was the 782 fast burn head since the stage 3 ECU offered by FWDPerformance are or SEEM to be the same for both years. There is only one part # in the catalog and it is marked for 86 or 87 GLHS.

BUT...and its a big butt...

In the trunk of the 86 GLHS Omni that I am restoring is what I was told was the original head and 2 piece manifold and it is a 'G' head for sure w/a 2 piece Shelby intake on it.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The year of the head is in a little circle near the # 1 sparkplug if it's an original Chrysler head. eg 85 indicates 1985. Fastburns were used from 1986 on up although I have heard "some" carb. Omnis used a G head until 1987 but I've never personally seen one.

Thanks
Randy

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
since the 86 HO engines are 782 I can't see any reason the G head was used anywhere. The other big issue is the bolts. All the 86 up 782 cars got longer 11mm bolts. Today we use 2 washers in the MP kit, but that wouldn't have happened with a factory engine. So fish story's on this subject are just that.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have recently been pulling heads at an old Salvage Yard , where I have run across numerous head applications . from 85 thru 87 Stock turbo to naturally aspirated platforms . Generally the 85 s seem to be mostly 287 heads , some 445 s . anything that appears to have service work ie: Heads were 782 s . (I'm just Sayin)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts