Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this car for a while. I bought it on ebay over 3 years ago. I was disappointed because I thought it was a Shelby car. Live and learn. Thanks to many members on this site I finally realized what I have IS basically a Shelby car without the suspension. New struts and shocks, new cv axles and seals, new brake rotors, calipers and pads, new ss brake hoses, new rear brakes, one coil removed from all springs etc. Whoever worked on this project apparently got frustrated and traded it to a car lot. I have to say...they were so close. The timing was way off, they tried to use a MP computer with '86 electronics to run the car. It ran horribly. What they did do right was a multiple 4 gauge ground system. The wires for the AIS were wired correctly. Several parts of the wiring were broken and the rest were close. In 1986 I owned a nearly brand new Daytona Shelby Z. In the late 90's I owned 2 '86 Lebaron GTS', an '84 Daytona, an '89 Daytona. One of the Lebarons I installed a MP LM for the extra 20hp and drove that car for many years. Slowly but surely this little hot rod is coming together..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Welcome!!

Looks like a nice car, not sure what you're asking but most here are helpful.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome!!

Looks like a nice car, not sure what you're asking but most here are helpful.

Thanks
Randy
I posted that in the wrong forum. You have been a great help already Randy. I have been here a few years. What I need help with is in the electrics forum. I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,143 Posts
oo7 Glad to see you posting. I have a feeling that I know exactly why you would have been posting that in another forum.

I was thinking, honestly with upgraded shocks/struts/springs, your GLH would be better than a GLHS with the best of the heavy duty engine components that it has.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The plan is coilovers eventually. It has been 15 years since I have had a turbo Dodge. I can hardly wait to "finish" this one. We have a 2.5 mile road course 5 miles from my house!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Keep us updated with the build. I love these little cars. Its nice to be older amd more financially stable to actually stand a chance of "finishing" the turbododge project.

Good luck,
Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts