Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what the hell is the deal with the external pump and the in tank pump? is the external like a booster pump? or does it stay on all the time? how much boost is safe with it? running a t2 setup. also i have this 2.5in swing valve installed on my omni and it has a 3 wire o2 in it. i still have the 1 wire setup in the car. i was wondering if i can just put the single wire from my car to one of the wires on the o2? or do i have to make a power and a ground then add the wire. btw im running a s60 computer aka the 86 glhs stage 2 mopar unit.

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
what the hell is the deal with the external pump and the in tank pump? is the external like a booster pump? or does it stay on all the time? how much boost is safe with it? running a t2 setup. also i have this 2.5in swing valve installed on my omni and it has a 3 wire o2 in it. i still have the 1 wire setup in the car. i was wondering if i can just put the single wire from my car to one of the wires on the o2? or do i have to make a power and a ground then add the wire. btw im running a s60 computer aka the 86 glhs stage 2 mopar unit.
1) the pumps: one was a lift pump and the other a pressure pump. The modern thing to do is replace that setup with a single pump capable of supporting your build.

2) O2: yeah you *could* use it without the heater circuit - But you might as well wire the heater circuit up - Then you know for sure it's ready to go when the computer looks for a reading.

3) S60: ??? The S60 didn't use an O2 at all. I guess I'm not sure about the GHLS Stage II... I thought it did.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1) the pumps: one was a lift pump and the other a pressure pump. The modern thing to do is replace that setup with a single pump capable of supporting your build.

2) O2: yeah you *could* use it without the heater circuit - But you might as well wire the heater circuit up - Then you know for sure it's ready to go when the computer looks for a reading.

3) S60: ??? The S60 didn't use an O2 at all. I guess I'm not sure about the GHLS Stage II... I thought it did.
how to i wire that bastard up? thanks for the replies. and what is the glhs stage 2 calibrated for? stock setup?

· Registered
1,001 Posts
One wire of the O2 (I think black) goes to the computer, the other two go to ignition & ground. If you're asking how to wire up a single pump, just hook the red one up to + & the black one to -. I don't think that's what you're asking, though. The hardest part about doing the pump is that high-flow pumps like the Walbro don't fit in the hanger too well. It's much easier if you can acquire an '88-'90 hanger assy. That's what I did, thanks to 4DRVNT. He really saved me a bundle.$21 as opposed to $140. It was brand new, too. :thumb: The GLHS stage 2 is basically stock, aside from what I wrote in post #3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.