Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant get the car to start. The fuel pump is pumping gas but it won't turn over!:bang head It sounds like it is almost there but just....not quite any suggestions at all are greatly appreciated!

I also bought a new in line fuel pump it a Walbro 255 l/ph high pressure fuel pump. but the instructions say ONLY FOR FUEL INJECTED CARS DO NOT USE ON CARS WITH CARBERATORS!! can i put this on without any problems?

· Registered
894 Posts
if its an original glh, it will be turbo and fuel injected.
does your valve cover say "TURBO", right on top of the motor? right behind that you will see the intake manifold. right behind the valvecover you will see a fuel rail, this goes to all 4 injectors, next to the injectors ( you might have to blast off some grease) it will say CYL 1, CYL 2, which means cylinder 1, 2,...etc..

there will be a schrader valve on this fuel rail towards the middle, it will have a little cap on it. thats where you can attach a fuel pressure guage. see if you have pressure, if not, like others said, check fuses, relays. trace wires. or you could have a faulty fuel pump. if it hasnt been running for a while, it might be a good idea to clean your injectors or get new ones also.

i read your other post as well, you want to go fast. so putting in that 255 walbro and getting +40's (injectors 40% more than stock) wouldnt be a bad idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.