Turbo Dodge Forums banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,450 Posts
First, the diagnostic tests I found were not in the 1986 FSM set, nor were the others that Jan mentioned. The Spark Control Computer is just that, a spark advance control system, it is a single underhood module with a vacuum chamber on it, it was used on carbureted 2.2L engines through 1987 on cars. I had a 1987 Horizon 2.2L carbureted with the SCC module, my son had a 1986 Turismo 2.2 that was essentially a GLH in a Plymouth body, same 110 HP NA 2.2L engine. I have a whole series of step by step tests, but non are specific for Code 43.

Second item, what type intake manifold is on your SC, is it a draw through (turbo pulls through a throttle body up above it that flows down), or a blow through (throttle body is on the end of a two piece intake pointing forward and the turbo pushes air through it). The reason this is somewhat important, the AIS systems are completely different, it won't affect the spark, but will keep it from running.

That brings us to, "what numbers are on your LMs" and does your car have an integrated MAP sensor inside the LM or a separate one above the LM or underhood? Shelby was developing the TII system in 1986.

Here is a 1987 T1 engine:
87 T1 engine top.JPG

Here is a T2 engine (mine):
PC280021.JPG

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
My engine looks like the T1 from 87 you have pictured. And I would have to look tomorrow for the numbers on my LM in the car. I do know the MAP sensor is attached to the LM.

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,450 Posts
Ok, that is the normal 1986 style, 1987 is when the MAP sensor was relocated to underhood. Issue is now figuring out what is wrong for you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
So when I bought this car, it was one of many cars in and around this guys property. This Shelby came with a "new" logic module I can assume because the Mopar box was still inside the car with a LM that looked old sitting in the seat. The number off the box was 5227932.

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,450 Posts
Ok, according to what I have, it is a 1986 2.2L Turbo MT Fed, Cal, Can so that is a correct one for your application. Have you had a chance to check any of the other items that Jan and I discussed?

141 - 146 of 146 Posts