Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
86 sc t1 to 88 daytona t2 smec i have an 86 sc and a 88 daytona pacifica t2 and i wanna convert the sc to t2 and i would rather use the smec wiring and computer but how bad would this conversion. basically i would strip the car down and leave just the wiring for the lights in correct? and take the wiring from the daytona and graft it in? how bad would this be and any posts or sites from people who have already done this would be very helpful. what else am i not thinking of to do this swap

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
so i have read that the p body harness is the eaisiest way to go so i might be able to find a harness out of an 88 i would need the pinouts for both the bulkhead connectors which i dont have and need also will the super sixty computer off my 88 dayton work with this wiring and is that all the smec conversion involves with the p body engine harness is swapping then wires from the 50 pin to the 40 pin on my charger

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
I dont think it matters much whether you start with a G or P or whatever SMEC harness.. to fit in an L, no matter what you use you will have some addditional length in places and certainly unused wires (which you could remove); unlesss you started with an 88+ TBI omni harness which would fit better but you still have to add the TII stuff (AIS & CAT) ; if you pulled the underdash harness also from an 88+ omni then you could plug & play that and eliminate the issues with the bulkhead connector

the hardest part will be adapting a pre-88 40 pin bulkhead connector to the SMEC harness.. and its not hard necessarily but you will need both vehicles wiring diagrams, then its just cut & splice, cut & splice ..

I am getting ready to do a similar swap but I think I will eliminate the bulkhead connector and direct wire all the under dash stuff right to the main engine harness.. which wont be *too* bad since I plan to remove all the wires that i dont need (including HVAC, wipers, AC, cruise, diagnostic plug, etc)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts