Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decision time for the future of this great and much-loved car. Rare near-pristine H-body, only 500 manufactured and the Pacifica model ES was very limited production. I had just paid to rebuild the 5-speed and replaced the head on this 20-30mpg beauty that I've owned since about 1997. Then I sold it to my adopted son with my assurance that it would meet his needs. Car is in Oakland, CA.

Anyway... long story short: A few months later, he ran the 2.2L low on oil and the engine developed a wrist pin knock. :mad: :bang head So I retrieved the car from him and sold him an extra Caravan I had. The 86 has been sitting un-driven for a few months now but still runs strong and will pass CA smog. The wrist pin noise is noticable but not real loud yet.

You can see photos of this car under my ID, Horsetrader26 The only thing that doesn't work is the AC needs retrofit to R134. I never cut corners for maintenance for this car.

Here's the deal: I am placing this ad to see if there is a buyer interest for the amount of recent parts and labor I out into it. That cost was $1600 firm. Just FYI, the car has many low-miles, new parts on it. For instance NAPA struts, NAPA clutch disk-pressure plate-throw-out, Cat converter, both CV half-shafts, motor mounts, pads & rotors, windshield, tie rod ends, and other small stuff. Car had a recent alignment. All accessories are power and all work well. Car has a salvage title only because I had full insurance in 2002 when a fuel line leaked and burned vacuum lines and a short section of electrical wiring. (Insurance "totaled the car because of it's age) but it only took me 5 hours to replace the wires, some vacuum hoses and two injectors.)

This car would be a deal for anyone wanting to either rebuild the short block or purchase for all the near-new parts. Car is drivable (even as far as neighboring states) and registered. If I get no offers or interest then I will eventually find time to rebuild the short-block. Please write me at my primary email UrbanBlacksmith at sbcglobal.net

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
When I was in CA about 6-7 years ago I saw a car identical to this one in a Junk Yard on Beach Blvd. I always liked the Pacifica's. Good luck on the sale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 86 Lancer turbo also and were having troubles out of it. I was wondering if you could tell me the placement of the crank trigger? It would be much appreciated if you have the answer!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ 86Lancergirl I can't help you with that without research but I think what you are looking for is adjacent to the crank position sensor.

And yes, I still have this car and it is for sale. Paint and minor stuff has deteriorated some because of outside,covered storage but hasn't been driven for quite a few years now. Needs a short block or this one rebuilt is a better solution. Everything on the top end is new/near new. Interior is still good. I wouldn't drive this car very far as-is because once a small knock or tick starts, you never know when that part(s) will totally fail and cause massive damage.

And for those who asked about Shelby emblems years ago, the Pacifica was the first year Shelby had design input and features put into production. None of the few Pacifica's had Shelby emblems on them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@ ind224- I do not know about West Coast only but production numbers were low enough @ only 1000 cars for it in total between 500 units of 5-speed and 500 w/ automatics. My old research gives no indication of the dealer market areas they were sold in.

@ P-Unit- As-is and where-is, bring me an offer but must be above $1k. Maybe that fellow who put down a small deposit will finalize soon and finish the deal before someone else makes an acceptable offer and deposit.

According to estimates I've recently read, the car has appreciated slightly more than our recent inflation rate. I priced having it trucked to my AZ place and cost for that was just over $400 last year. Someone with a pickup could also U-Haul trailer it almost anywhere for a lot less cash out-of-pocket and only lose travel & expense time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
any rust and will you ship car
my email is [email protected]
There is no rust anywhere. Yes I will ship the car only if the car price plus shipping is paid in full in advance. After funds have fully cleared you would be priority mailed the Title and all the records I have (fairly large folder). Any sale such as this would be final.

I recommend that you investigate shipping costs and time frame to have it go to whatever state York is in.
Rob

·
Registered
191 Posts
Didnt you scam my friend of a deposit? Who lived in FL? and he wanted this car? ive seen this car for sale for over 2 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didnt you scam my friend of a deposit? Who lived in FL? and he wanted this car? ive seen this car for sale for over 2 years.
I am certain you are mistaken but appreciate you asking instead of accusing. I've never accepted a deposit from anyone in Florida. To my knowledge, no one from Florida has ever inquired about the car either. The one very small deposit I accepted was written up with customer-specific things that both he and I needed to do to be valid. There was about a 120 day time-frame for those things to be done and they were not. That was over 2 years ago. The car is legally stored on my property so I am not accumulating storage costs. Potential buyers have been encouraged to visit to see and hear the car run in-person so they know that it is all I describe to be.

I recently contacted the one who put the deposit down again before my recent posts here to see if he wanted to complete the deal under the same renewed terms. He has not yet replied in the affirmative so the car is still available. If my deposit fellow still wants to do it before I get an acceptable offer, he has that option for now. And yes the car is still listed because no one has made an acceptable offer and I've advertised it nowhere else recently. There have been a few inquiries where people seemed to be attempting to scam me, however.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sold 2-2017 Re: 86 Shelby Lancer T1 2.2L, 5-speed CA car

Car was sold. I hope the guy restores it well. It should be worth many thousands if he does. I am sad to see it go but my health and recent moves prevented me from doing what I wanted to do with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.