Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, got a 86 shelby charger converting it to a stage 5 87 t2 40% injectors big inter-cooler exhaust but with my t1 garret can't I turn the compressor housing so that it faces toward the radiator? I got a cheap 2.5 turbo mini van and that's where I'm getting the intake manifold and pig tails but it has the reaky deank tiny mishu turbo. Should I take the compressor housing off of that turbo or would that be defeating the purpose. I know not to use that little turbo for the 18 psi I want to run. So what would be a good way to use what I have or does anybody have a good cheap turbo that would work well for this setup.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
The Mitsu housing won't bolt to the Garrett turbo. You can rotate the housing, then buy an adapter that bolts on to the compressor inlet, so you can mount an air intake pipe and filter. I did the other option (which seems more popular) and got a compressor housing off a factory T2 garrett from another TD'er. They usually sell for around $25 bucks. You can post in the parts wanted section and get plenty of people willing to sell you one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.