Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey
i was just wonderin what all interchanges between our cars
friend of mine has a 90 tona nothin special bout it and i just aquired (thank u dad :bang head ) a 86 turbo z (t1), all my cars are 88 or 89 shelby or c/s and t2 at that
tonys car has not turbo and i was wonderin if he can take the turbo and computer and put them on his car or no
the own took the car in (86) for a blown head gasket and some idiot decided it would be funny to smash out all the windows (t-tops included but left the triangle windows beside the back passengers heads) so the owner said the car wasnt worth it no more so i picked it up
the only thing i want its the front fenders hoping that they will fit my 89 shelby that needs to have them replaced but i dont know for sure

do u know if the turbo and computer will work in tonys car and can i change out the front fenders to my car or will it make a nice air conditioned t-roof praire hopper

hope i gave you enough info
thanx
BobJoe

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey
i also ment to ask you this too
i was reading over here http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87496 and would like also to turn the boost up and down

gear #s of boost
1 6
2 12 (stock i think)
3 18
4 18
5 18

but im crossing my fingers that i dont have to do the whole diff injectors (i can handle the computer stuff) but i really dont want to loose very much fuel milage
have i got my head up in the clouds with this cheap out upped boost dream of mine
(by the way this would probably be on my 88 or 89 shelby 2.2l t2, everything is stock that i know of)
and how much is stock boost, i took my 89 competion series out for a stroll (sat for a long time, yr or so i think) and i WOT was having great funn learned how to shift fairly quickly i think but i was watching the boost gauge for one past though 2nd gear and i was only getting 5psi, isnt that even less than what the t1 was supposed to get (again "i think" that was 6-8 psi) and the c/s is a 2.2l t2
my 88 shelby 2.2l t2 goes like mad and non of my other cars go nearly as nice as that one but im sorry it was kinda slow, i think it should have pulled better than what it did
is it possible that one of the previous owners hooked the vacuum line from the turbo up to the wrong vacuum line causing the waste gate to jump open waay too soon
just a thought
have funn
BobJoe

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey
thanx
do u know if the 86 turbo will work on the 90 car
that is my main concern at the monent if it comes to life and death i have a parts daytona also but i didnt want ot take it apart just yet but my friend wants a turbo car so....
l8r
BobJoe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts