Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have a 1987 t1 shelby charger was wondering if a t1 lebaron harness would swap in as a replacement since the one in it is in pretty rough shape or if there was any other car to look into about getting a donor harness thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
the baron's bulkhead connector is going to be diff
the harness will be longer everywhere

some guys have used a mini van harness but the bulk head con will still be diff though the lengths are closer

I'd post a harness wanted thread in parts wanted section

not entirely sure if the 85 harness will work as they had a diff distribuator but an 86 one should

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
85 still has the round 3 pin dizzy harness, i would as stated do a harness wanted or pull your entire harness and clean it up and save some money but its up to you

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The 1987 Harness from Shadow/Sundance fits in the engine bay perfectly of a Charger/Omni. With the same lamp styles and locations the harness is pretty much a shoe in for the original L body's.
A freind of mine turbo'd his 90 omni with parts from a wrecked 88 Sundance ( Engine and transmission and wiring with the gauge package from the sundance installed it all worked fine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright thanks guys! i think ill try to salvage this one, the worst part of it is some one didnt reinstall the rubber pass thru properly on the lm side and the sheet metal cut thru several of the wires just figured id ask since theres tons of lebarons around here

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
are you missing the hardware that retains the gromit in the firewall

there's a picture of the pieces in my f/s thread - you can have a lookie see if your missing any of the little pieces there should be a retainer ring thingy and a kick guard - the assembely of the pieces retains the gromit in the firewall and keeps it from being kicked out of place
just click the link below this V

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the link didnt show up, but im pretty sure the hardware was all there someone just set the retaining ring back in the bolt holes and put the rubber in front of the ring i pulled it all through and checked it out and im pretty sure it can be reapaired thanks though!

forgot to add if anyone has wiring diagrams for an 1987/1986 charger t1 id be forever grateful, my link disappeared

1 - 8 of 8 Posts