Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Have you ever wondered where that grease like substance was coming from behind the center dash onto your carpet? And the stuff won't come off with a stick of dynamite! The answer is the "Concealed Headlight module" in the top center of the dash. The module deteriorates over time and the silicone like substance runs down wire harness, clogs up the AC/heat control unit before it lands on the carpet. Well enough with the sticky details.

The dealer said the Concealed Headlight module new part # 4503026 supersedes the old part # 4437107, and by the way the new CH Module is $190.

In an effort to save money I went to the junk yard. I replace the old Concealed Headlight module P/N 4437107 due to it's deteriorated condition (The concealed head lights were working fine) and replace it with two different newer versions from Junk yard P/N 4503026. I hear clicking sounds from the relays inside the CH Modules but the Concealed headlights don't pop up or come on. I don't see any blown fuses either.

Has anyone dealt with concealed headlight module? Do I have to do something in sequence to get the CH Module operational. I hate to buy new unit just to have same issue.

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give this a try on new module, although I can't see two different modules not working at all.
Have you ever dealt with this sticky stuff? I think the heat in Texas breaks it down the module filler to a syrup like liquid. It's comic when you touch it, you feel like a fly on flypaper, everything you touch you become attached to. What takes it off. The only thing I can find that will touch it is Alcohol and lighter fluid, with limited success.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks MachIIIRayzor,

Directions worked great!! I did tear the whole module apart. Removing most of the sticky potting material. It's a messy and time consuming fix doing it this way. I wanted to get rid of most of the sticky potting materal since it may melt over time and temperature. I soldered the areas you reference, popped the board in the car an the lights popped up and turned on.

Great illustration on repair! The hole you reference in the top would save much of the time.

Ron

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
From personal experience: DO NOT plug in a HCM from a 1990 car in to an older '97-'89 car...it will blow the board! Been there, done that!!

As for getting the gooey potting off, I've found that using GoJo and scrubbing actually works fairly well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts