Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the power enthusiast seats from my 87 daytona will work in a 90 Daytona. I know they'll bolt up, but is the wiring harness to hook them up hiding under the carpet/console or not?

·
Administrator
24,996 Posts
Does anyone know if the power enthusiast seats from my 87 daytona will work in a 90 Daytona. I know they'll bolt up, but is the wiring harness to hook them up hiding under the carpet/console or not?
PM sent with wiring.
Unbolt the seat and follow the wiring and you will find the connector.

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
you'll need a place for the fwd /bwd and tilt switches that belong on the console in the 89

the K cars with pwr seats had such a piece on the side of the seat that the switches fit into AND it fits a daytona seat just fine - looks right too + the K cars also had one for the pass side seat if you want duel power seats

·
Administrator
24,996 Posts
you'll need a place for the fwd /bwd and tilt switches that belong on the console in the 89

the K cars with pwr seats had such a piece on the side of the seat that the switches fit into AND it fits a daytona seat just fine - looks right too + the K cars also had one for the pass side seat if you want duel power seats
He said 87 and 90.
90 seat switch is on the arm rest of the driver door in the same switch bezel as the window switch.
If it is an 8 way seat the lumbar and wing are on the side seat bolster.

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
I know - I know also that the 90 &^ seat switch can be hard to find

and I would not bet on the wireing for the seat to be already in the door as the seat wireing in the older cars was never included unless the car has the pwr seat - you would only find the power lead under the seat that the harness pluged into - then pluged into the seat
(just a hunch - I could be wrong here)

with the K car pwr seat side trim piece you can use the seat harness from the pre 90 seat & console - this makes for a self contained seat assembly that only needs conected to the lead under the seat

this is how I put the le baron convertiable console in a daytona and kept the power seat function

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I need a K-car power seat switch and or a 90 daytona seat switch (which is in the door). I'll start looking, but these cars are getting harder to find. The wreckers here had probably a dozen or so dodges from the 80's/early 90's including a few turbos just a few years ago, but now there's only like 2. I think there's just less of them on the road and the picking yards basically just crush them up when they arrive as there's not a big demand for the parts.

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
if the wireing for the seat switch is not already in your door - look for the K car part I mentioned

the wireing is prob a built in - into the door harness so if the car dosen't have it you would likely need to change the door harness - I don't know about the 90 &^ but the older cars , had a harness that ran from one door to the other along the bottom of the windshield that you could only get at by tilting the dash down

avoid pre 87 seat tracks too they mount diff at the front

if you can find the K car piece , grab the plastic seat side with the switch and the harness from under the seat - it will fit a little easier than the daytona console / seat wireing as it's pre shaped to fit as is

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
I'm planing the same job for my 92 - here's the pieces from the K car I'm gonna use - I've used em before

there can be a diff at the hinge area as you see with one long and one short tab and the little bar that runs above the seat recliner handle has broken off both

if you want both seats power you can use a driver's side track on the pass side
- it fits fine as long as you get an 87 &^ seat track for a K car with pwr buckets

second thought - for the driver's seat you may well need to use the seat harness fron the daytona - it will have the plug in for the bolsters and pumps in the seat - the K car one prob won't have it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts