Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Great Lakes Hot Rods shift linkage kit from a member that was still in the box, with the instructions a couple months back thinking I'd get around to doing the mod later but I broke the stock linkage while giving my brother-in-law his first ride in the car this week. So, over the weekend I took it apart and did the mod. I'm pretty new to the forum, and I've been away from TDs for years, but its my understanding that the Great Lakes Hot Rod guy is out of business, or at least not making the linkage kits anymore. If he's around still, I'd like to tell him that this kit was well thought out, well engineered and well built. I know I'm late to the game here and lots of you already know this, but man, he (or they) deserve a big thank you for building that kit. Even the instructions were well written (and funny too). Anyway, here's some pics of the parts.
linkage broke.jpg
linkage out of car.jpg
shif linkage mod done.jpg
welded linkage pivot.jpg

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Andy is still on the two forums. His username is Ajakeski. Yes it is a good well thought out kit. You may or may not get some vibration noises from the shifter while driving. Good that you or someone welded that pin on that riveted diff bracket in last picture. They are loose almost always on these cars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I almost didn't weld it, because it was rock solid, but since it was in the instructions I knew it must be an issue. I have a welder, and would have been mad at myself if I didn't do it and had to take everything back apart later. Man I love this car.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts