Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at the battery in my 87 GLHS that the previous owner installed and the post are reversed (no big deal its a 26R). So I went online looking and seems a group 34 is what is called for, so I went out and bought one with the correct post orientation. But when I went to install it, the group 34 is larger than the factory battery tray and it rubs up against the air cleaner housing. With that I put the 26R back in.

So my question is what are the GLHS people using for a battery in their cars? If you are running a group 34, how did you deal with the physical size being larger than the tray and also rubbing the air cleaner housing?

Should I just stay with a group 26? FWIW I am located in FL so not worried about CCA, just CA.

TIA!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need a group 26 battery or smaller in your GLHS. I wouldn't even buy one that had side and top terminals as that can come into play too with the airbox.
Thank you. Yeah that 34 is just way too big and the 26 seems to start it with no problem

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is tha Shadow the same, a 26? I ask as I am picking up an 89 VNT tomorrow. It needs a battery and wondered if the 34 I have will fit it

·
Super Moderator
11,839 Posts
yeah I think it will..the charger and omni are odd ones with the little batteries

daytona, lebaron. K car, lancer shadow should all be the same larger battery

1 - 5 of 5 Posts