Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this car have a fuse or a relay under the hood for the fan? If I unplug the temp sensor it still doesn't run.

·
Administrator
24,996 Posts
Start by verifying the fan motor itself is not the issue.
Start the car, disconnect the CTS and check for power at the fan motor connector.
If power is present verify the fans external ground is connected, if ok replace the fan motor.
If power is not present verify both power sources are present at the relay connector.
If both are present verify the cooling fan ground control circuit(relay to controller) is not open.
If all is ok replace the relay.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Start by verifying the fan motor itself is not the issue.
Start the car, disconnect the CTS and check for power at the fan motor connector.
If power is present verify the fans external ground is connected, if ok replace the fan motor.
If power is not present verify both power sources are present at the relay connector.
If both are present verify the cooling fan ground control circuit(relay to controller) is not open.
If all is ok replace the relay.
Which is the relay for the fan?

·
Administrator
24,996 Posts
Left strut tower towards the fender.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Does this car have a fuse or a relay under the hood for the fan? If I unplug the temp sensor it still doesn't run.
Yes it has a relay.
Look on the drivers side shock tower.
You'll see 2 chrome metal covered cans mounted there.
One of them is the fan relay.
Get a small ball peen hammer and while the car is running and hot, gently tap each one until the fan turns on.
That will tell you which one it is.
I'll see if I can find a part # tonight.
You should be able to get a replacement.

Ah didn't read past the first post.
I see you found & fixed the problem, excellent!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts