Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem seems to be getting worse. The car cranks and cranks until you let go of the key then it will usually start. Fuel pressure is good.
It must be electrical or the computer.
Code 12 and 55.

·
Administrator
24,980 Posts
Get with you on this problem tonight or tomorrow morning, heading off to work shortly.

·
Administrator
24,980 Posts
Need to know if the Code 12 was set by the battery being disconnected or going dead.

You need to find out what is missing when the car will only crank and not start with the key in the "start" when position....

Fuel, injector Pulse, Spark

Once you have verified what is missing we can go from there.

·
Administrator
24,980 Posts
The battery went dead and I disconnected it and charged it.
Just needed to be sure because Code 12 can be a real fault if power is lost to the controller for another reason.

Start by determining what is missing.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure what you mean by what is missing. Unless the temp sensor is the problem everthing else seems fine with the car.
I may have a top intercooler hose leak but that should effect the start. The car starts right up when cold. Maybe two or three cranks. When its warm it cranks and cranks. It will start quicker if I step on the gas or let the key go then it starts. Doesn't make sense?

·
Administrator
24,980 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by what is missing.
An engine requires 4 things to start and run..

Fuel
Air
Ignition
Compression
All have to happen at the right time in the right amounts.

One or more of those conditions is not correct or present to create a no start...
Which one(s)?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure I have air and compression. I'm also pretty sure I have fuel. I check the pressure several times from the charge pulse.
It must be some thing electrical.
Or timing.

An engine requires 4 things to start and run..

Fuel
Air
Ignition
Compression
All have to happen at the right time in the right amounts.

One or more of those conditions is not correct or present to create a no start...
Which one(s)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts