Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car hass 77k original on it, seats need restitched in front(cs), and rear qtr panels are cracked?chipped, dry rotted, whatever. Is it worth just as much original, or should I restore the interior????

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
I dont think restoring the interior to original would hurt the value. My dads glhs has 42,000 and the interior is in about the same shape with the back paneling flaking off the paint, the drivers seat a little worn, and the headliner sagging in areas and I think this summer we are gonna go ahead and redo the interior.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does it hurt it if I leave it??? I know restoring will be a ++++++/

·
Registered
164 Posts
way i see it is try to d.i.y. give it a shot. just don't do anything to completely ruin it. that way if you do "F" up, you can go have someone restore it. always nice to get an extra junk set to practice on or get ideas from.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Having the CS symbols restitched is maintenance in my eyes, as long as its done perfectly and it is noted (if you ever go to sell the car) that it was done. The interior panels on all two door L-bodies seem to be in that condition, and I do not see it hurting the value to take them out and repaint them, but again, as long as it is the factory color, not some SEM spray paint, I'm talking Mopar Paint Coded gun sprayed paint.

As mentioned, fixing these types of things only helps matters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts