Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week went to get GLHS out of storage and it wouldn't start. Didn't hear the fuel pump run. So I figured it was bad, replaced it. The fuel pump still wouldn't run. No spark. So I thought it was the Automotic Shut Down relay in the computer. I had 2 good used ones at home. Tried them still the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

· Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,968 Posts
glhs603 said:
So I thought it was the Automotic Shut Down relay in the computer.
If you aren't hearing the fuel pump engage, it's likely the ASD relay. You should be able to hear it clicking when you turn the key to ON. I haven't had a pre-SMEC car in a while, but I think it's right beside the fan relay on the driver's side strut tower. Maybe it was just the fuel pump relay on the older models. In any case, it should be clicking when it engages.

· Registered
1,526 Posts
The two relays on the left shock tower are : Starter Relay and AC Cutout Relay. You're correct about the ASD being in the LM ,but the ASD signal comes from the Power Module-curcuit K-19 DB/YL wire.Goes to pin cavity 17 on the red connector on the Logic Module.

· Registered
1,526 Posts
The "FSM/Wiring Diagrams" book comes in handy sometimes. Complete wiring diagrams, unlike the few that are in the regular FSM. Bought it used on E-Bay for $10.00. The shop charges $65.00 prhr to chase down wires, and I wouldn't do it for that.

· Registered
146 Posts
check continuity at starter harness and work backwards.

my buddys t2 baron did that shit tooks weeks to figure it out and it had something to do with the fuel pump harness inbtween the engine and the pump.

i have yet to see an asd relay go bad. (12 years of Td's) not to say that it couldnt but.. also id check the rats nest of fusibles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.