Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get a replacement ECU for my 87 Carbureted 2.2. I have searched every where and it seem Cardone is the only solution. The issue im having is the stock pictures for the 2 available is the one for a manual trans has the Vacuum transducer on it and the one for an automatic car does no have a transducer on it and my car is a Auto with CA emissions and has the transducer on it. Is there any reason why one does not have a transducer on it?

·
Administrator
24,337 Posts
After some research...
The original part # for the Spark Control Computer for an 87 Omni Carburated 2.2L A/T California Emissions is 5227614,it is 87 only, unfortunately this part # does not show up anywhere and does not cross to either Cardone unit listed on Rock Auto.
I did however find a number for the Mopar Re-manufactured unit which is no longer available from Chrysler, I did find this...

What is the part # on your Spark Control Computer?
Exactly what is the issue you are having?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate all the info on and finding the Part number!
I cant get the number off my computer as the tag is faded out and there is no recognizable numbers on it anymore.
Ive wondered if the Controller is the reason the car seems to charge at high voltage most of the time it seems to charge 14.5-14.9V which I think is pretty high? Ive changed the Voltage reg a few times but still get the same results and have heard that the Computer also has something to do with Alt feed. If its normal another reason would be to have a spare computer seeing as there rare and if mine ever goes bad years down the line.

·
Administrator
24,337 Posts
On the carburated cars the computer has nothing to do with the charging system, the Spark Control Computer on the carburated cars is Spark Advance/Emission Control/Improved Driveabilty only.
Here is info on the system.

Charging voltage of 14.5 - 14.9 volts on a system with an external voltage regulator is not high.
Exactly what issues were you/are you experiencing other than what you thought was an overcharging issue due to high voltage?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing other than that. Would like to have a new one as a spare as I plan to keep the car for a long time.
Im having idle issues but im sure that has to do with timing and idle adjustment witch im tired of the service manual procedures. If I did not live in CA I would ditch the 6520.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts