Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Administrator
16,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok first i'm just going to say this is a slow project lol

ok i started out with a 87 t1 (log) lebaron gts with a manual. the first thing i done was swap a new motor in becuse the block was cracked and leaking water out the back. i put a 86 t1 motor in and the turbo was bad so i swaped everything from a 88 new yorker onto it. wirring and all. i drove it for 4 months before i smashed oil pan on speed bump. pulled motor and found a bad rod bearing so its sat untill a few weeks ago. i'll update in a few...

pictures lol
when i first got it..

during wiring/motor

after wiring and running lol

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
ok first i'm just going to say this is a slow project lol

ok i started out with a 87 t1 (log) lebaron gts with a manual. the first thing i done was swap a new motor in becuse the block was cracked and leaking water out the back. i put a 86 t1 motor in and the turbo was bad so i swaped everything from a 88 new yorker onto it. wirring and all. i drove it for 4 months before i smashed oil pan on speed bump. pulled motor and found a bad rod bearing so its sat untill a few weeks ago. i'll update in a few...
few what? min,hours,days weeks.... look man don't leave me hanging like that!!!LMAO!!

·
Administrator
16,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the new motor going in its a 93 raman mexican block for older 87 style internals so its getting t2 with newer 93 block lol

toker has this picture also lol the block is being worked on by my brother at his work lol, i'll post as it goes further along

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
the new motor going in its a 93 raman mexican block for older 87 style internals so its getting t2 with newer 93 block lol

toker has this picture also lol the block is being worked on by my brother at his work lol, i'll post as it goes further along
reminds me of when i built my 2.2 turbo motor a few years back!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Huzzah for re-engined '87 LeBarons! The first motor in my '87 Baron was killed like yours; a cracked block leaking coolant. It just happened to fail a lot more spectacularly via epic hydraulic lock.

the new motor going in its a 93 raman mexican block for older 87 style internals so its getting t2 with newer 93 block lol...
Crazy, I haven't heard of this. Do you mean to say that your block is an early non-common-block 2.2 unit that was re-manufactured in 1993? I got lucky with a 2.2 common block that was rebuildable. Though when I say rebuildable it was only just so; pretty horribly damaged when I got it. Even now with all of the re-conditioning I've done I doubt its %100 perfect. It would be cool to get a real 'remanufactured' base engine and have the comfort of everything being perfect factory spec.

Didn't you help ItsBudda [Jason] out with the '87 when he had it? It cracks me up what a long, strange trip that car has been on but I think I'll finally have it driving around soon. I've actually been trying to find a forum member or two that I could bribe into giving me a hand with the final stick-the-new-engine-in push. Do you know what the origin of your '87 Baron is? Who'd you get it from? Any idea when you'll have your kick-ass rebuilt Mexican engine assembled? Are you going full intercooled TII style? Gonna put in an FMIC!? That would be kickass, wish I had snuck that in along the way on my build instead of grabbing a stock setup.

I'm with you on being stoked for old turbo-Baron Q-ship action :TD2:

·
Super Moderator
11,698 Posts
I like the silver baron with the pumpers - that really works !!

my 93 2.5 turbo motor would go nice in that (yes it has 2 piece N t2 garret) - still a vergin and was bought new not remaned in 94

·
Administrator
16,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Huzzah for re-engined '87 LeBarons! The first motor in my '87 Baron was killed like yours; a cracked block leaking coolant. It just happened to fail a lot more spectacularly via epic hydraulic lock.

Crazy, I haven't heard of this. Do you mean to say that your block is an early non-common-block 2.2 unit that was re-manufactured in 1993? I got lucky with a 2.2 common block that was rebuildable. Though when I say rebuildable it was only just so; pretty horribly damaged when I got it. Even now with all of the re-conditioning I've done I doubt its %100 perfect. It would be cool to get a real 'remanufactured' base engine and have the comfort of everything being perfect factory spec.

Didn't you help ItsBudda [Jason] out with the '87 when he had it? It cracks me up what a long, strange trip that car has been on but I think I'll finally have it driving around soon. I've actually been trying to find a forum member or two that I could bribe into giving me a hand with the final stick-the-new-engine-in push. Do you know what the origin of your '87 Baron is? Who'd you get it from? Any idea when you'll have your kick-ass rebuilt Mexican engine assembled? Are you going full intercooled TII style? Gonna put in an FMIC!? That would be kickass, wish I had snuck that in along the way on my build instead of grabbing a stock setup.

I'm with you on being stoked for old turbo-Baron Q-ship action :TD2:
lol ok first part my motor is a 93 reman motor from the dealer what they did was take a 2.2/2.5 block and machine it for 84-88 2.2 style internals like oil pan and crank and so on, the block has the spots for the balance shafts its just not drilled, and it has a weird date code but i cant remember lol

and as for what i'm doing as far as t2 swap i have a hole t2 setup out of a 88 daytona i got from junk yard, lol the rad/intercooler are going in untill i can afford a fmic, but i have the t2 computer and so on, just got to wire it up. for the charge sensor lol

and as for where my car came from. i got my car about the time i joined the forum, i got it from my dads friend who was moving and couldnt store it anymore, i dont know where he got it to be honast but he had it for about 9 years i believe he's the second owner i'm the third lol,

and yes i am the one who helped jason with the car, as per getting motor in and the right clutch disc and misc things, and sorry about the waste gate actuator lol it was a long day!:shrug:

·
Administrator
16,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the silver baron with the pumpers - that really works !!

my 93 2.5 turbo motor would go nice in that (yes it has 2 piece N t2 garret) - still a vergin and was bought new not remaned in 94
lol well johny i would like the 2.5 but i am not that worried i have a 88 t2 in a good block lol, and i got a head i am working out details about with my brother lol

·
Administrator
16,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol only thing i dont like is this one has a digi dash, not my fav thing but it works lol and i have had a 88 but its not the same lol i like this one's cloth int, the other one i had was leather i dont like it lol

·
Super Moderator
11,698 Posts
I have nothin for that 1 , just pull straps for doors that went into blue 86 so I have someplace for elbow when driving , and don't have to pull on armrest when closing door

1 - 20 of 88 Posts