Turbo Dodge Forums banner

87 lebaron gts build thread.

11K views 87 replies 8 participants last post by  Turbomini 
#1 ·
ok first i'm just going to say this is a slow project lol

ok i started out with a 87 t1 (log) lebaron gts with a manual. the first thing i done was swap a new motor in becuse the block was cracked and leaking water out the back. i put a 86 t1 motor in and the turbo was bad so i swaped everything from a 88 new yorker onto it. wirring and all. i drove it for 4 months before i smashed oil pan on speed bump. pulled motor and found a bad rod bearing so its sat untill a few weeks ago. i'll update in a few...

pictures lol
when i first got it..

during wiring/motor

after wiring and running lol

See less See more
#65 ·
getting the motor to gather for this thing slowly crank and rods checked out fine but pistons were a little small. so i am fixing that lol putting the arp stuff into the bottoms end,

#67 ·
my brother works at the machine shop and is going to nural them to make them bigger lol, he's the machinest hehe

also the crank i have needs turned so i am going to check the other 3 i have and see if one of them is at standerd

#71 ·
the other week i figured out the crank i was going to use was in need pf turning so i grabbed another t2 crank i had and its turned .010 under lol so i am slowly building this thing up, i ordered rings the other day and they came in and i just have to wait on the bearings to show up, since i had to reorder them

#72 ·
well i also figured out that i ordered wrong main studs lmao i called cindy today and as far as i was told they are 1/4 for the common block sooo i got to either not turn them in all the way or reorder the right one's lol

#73 ·
Well first off, I just wanna say the date you posted last was a great day!!!!!

second that is a nice and ride, only problem is you need more pics. And I vote for 16'' pumpers with CS center caps. will be waiting for some more updates

What are your power goals with this? are you running stock boost?

#74 ·
i never noticed that date to be honast! haha and i will grab some pictures for you, i havent made much head way on this, i got wrapped up in my charger build, but as it stands now the crank is done the block is done the pistons are up in the air still. but the power goal is 300hp i dont want to go crazy on boost but if i have to go to 20 i will, i am modding a head to get the best flow with a custom intake i am making, i dont have the head built yet but it will have great flow, i am having issue's tig welding the head becuse it has oil in the pores, so as soon as i get it to weld to my standers i will start posting pictures again, i just got the net back after the move so i can start updating all my threads :p

also i am building a header to use on the car i will have to port the flange to fit the header pipes better so it doesnt step down, it's gonna be a tube header that puts it close to stock location, i have a t3/t4 turbo for it with 3inch exhaust,

#76 · (Edited)
well small update on this also. i have the block ready all the things to go togather and everything. just waiting to get the t3 pistons to use instead of the t2 one's but thats all upto if my other charger sells, sooo we'll see, but the good news is i have everything to put it togather other than the pistons, so it could be ready in a few long months hehe

#81 ·
not that any ones ready this but i had a issue with 1 of the pistons and got a nother from the very nice man who sold them to me. but im working on the rods now i have the crank installed and ready to get tthe pistons/rods in with the new rings. i got to check the gap but should be good :) ill get pictures posted soon.

#83 ·
Ok slight update.. ordered rings and they were wrong. So i ordered new and got them in. And havent had any free time to finish the motor. Also got the head port work done just have to get the valves redone and it will be ready.. sooooo give me another 5 years lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.