Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 87 Lebaron 2.2L turbo coupe that is throwing a 15 code. It seems they don't make the speed sensor for this year anymore. It's purely round with no bolt hole. We've checked it against the ones for years either side and no joy. I think it is retained by some latch in the hole (large groove in shaft), it came out without much effort just by pulling on it. It checks at 8 pulses per revolution but I figured I'd change it anyway. Chrysler doesn't even carry it anymore, they reference a different one that just isn't long enough plus it has the hole for the 10mm bolt. Is there any where that I can get a replacement for it?

We are fixing the car up for my son to use while in college. We've replaced quite a few parts already (alternator, bought rebuilt head, rebuilt the turbo, replaced most of the sensors). It was bought for $100 and so far we've put $700 into it (teaching the kid that there isn't anything you can't do if you have the time). We just changed the transmission fluid and adjusted the bands, this is the last thing before trying it on the road again.

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
presuming youre talking about the A413 ?

well if yur VSS is working dont mess with it ;)

seems weird that there would be a "one year wonder" part but I guess it's possible;

every VSS I've seen (84-89 era) has been the same,
only difference is some with digital dash didnt have the cable output, just the 2 wires ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one has the position for the cable but it is covered up. It doesn't give the 15 anymore (at this point) but it does seem to have a hard limit of 65MPH, you hit 65 and the engine loses power, drops to 60 and the power is back. Also at the shift points the engine starts surging, going from ~2300rpm to 1500rpm if you have any real gas applied, if you back off the gas the shift is smooth.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have a 86 Daytona CS turbo with a digital dash and the unit (for lack of better word) has two wires and a cable spot. I need a new unit with the gear what is that called and what years had them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts