Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to sell off my Rampage. Titled as an 87 Dodge 2 door in Michigan.

Information about it can be found here
Sweet and Sour Racing
Click on cars for sale.

I am looking for 1,300 out of it just to try and get my money back.

THE BAD

rust underneath, it is shown in pictures, but it is savable. The car will come with donor metal which is also in the end of the pictures. it will be practically everything needed to just weld in place.

I will entertain trades for a really nice turbo, or high performance parts such heads, transmissions, etc.

I had an account here awhile ago, my name used to be ixixAndrewxixi . I had over 1000 posts. It must have been removed after some time.

Car is located in Grand Rapids, MI. 49302

contact me though e-mail is preferred at [email protected]

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Re: Shelby Rampage (TI) FS/T Hemi Orange!!!

As it happens, I do head porting for a side, and have a few sets of heads that are in various stages of ported form. Closed chamber 273 and later 318 closed heads, big port J heads, 360 opens, and Magnum. Set of 4.3 Chevy heads, etc etc. What are you looking for as a trade? Heads I got. Also a short block Magnum with both mount setups and drilled oil galleys set to a zero deck forged piston deal, and can be built to suit. :) PCRMike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

that would be nice, but i really have no use for anything that won't fit into the L-body without modification. I am really looking for something to go with my l-body such as a big valve head. I would need something that could have flow numbers to be able to have a cal made for it. Right now I'm kind of leaning towards a race transmission, or a nice turbo. Thanks for the offer if you don't have anything applicable tho anyways.

·
Registered
192 Posts

Well, if you wanted, after you got a head, I can do the P&P for it. Partial trade. Are you looking for a bathtub head? :) PCRMike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

G head most likely, but i'm open to whatever. Do you have any before and after flow numbers of your work?

·
Registered
192 Posts

I will get some for the 4-banger head work. I have some for the SB stuff. I usually do it in CAD for not just best volume, but also best circumfrencial flow. The thing is on a street motor, the biggest ports are not the best til they get to a high rate of speed. The streeter SB heads I do are set up for smoothest flow and no stall at higher RPM. The port throat is square, and the bowl is round. I blend them and make the bowl flow down straighter than stock, so instead of the valve having most of it's flow from about 50* of the valve opening, it flows a lot more evenly from about 90* and some good from the other 90* readily available. They are unshrouded, and will alone, eith a moderate street cam, short duration even, drastically improve the torque and overall breathing, while not hurting MPG(in fact, USUALLY helps it quite a bit, depending on the cam) and the biggie is keeps chamber temps down, and allows less fuel to be used as it will allow about 21% more scavenging from the headers (measurements taken from drop-type Hedman long tubes). As to the tutu heads, I have no G-cores, but DO have an 86 model turbo head, but I haven't checked it. If you like, I can get the numbers together for ya, and can have it assembled or bare for you. I do the same with the iron heads. Which ones do you want numbers for? I will have to get them from the shop computer, but if I know more about your config, I can better estimate the change in HP, TQ, and MPG pretty accurately (+/- 5%) :) PCRMike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

before we get too far into this, (your time being spent), I want to make sure you are fully interested in the car. and to make sure you know it will either have to be shipped or picked up via trailer. You have seen the metal work that will need to be done correct?
if all is well knowing this;

I would like to see what kind of improvements you got from that 86 head. It sounds like you have done great work on cylinder heads in the past. Is there anybody else on here that has one of your heads?

·
Registered
192 Posts

Unfornately not yet, as I am a fairly recent TD guy. I have been old skool Mopar for years, but am a fairly noob in the world of TD. I have owned the turbo mini for a year and a half now, and had a Shelby Charger before I appreciated what they are. I have only done one tutu head, and never got any numbers on it. I will get it off the bad motor and CAD teh measurements and calculate an airflow estimate for ya. Still learning about boost and it's effects on flow patterns though. I have a trailer and a V-6 Dak 5spd I can come gt it with for a couple hundred. I would haul it home and see it for myself over a weekend. :) PCRMike

·
Registered
192 Posts

I may have the cash after all. Working on a head deal for three sets of heads. Stay tuned. :) PCRMike

·
Registered
265 Posts

Aspen R/T

more pictures are available, follow his link in the first/main post.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts

What trans does it have in it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Update, The donor metal car I didn't realize had a hole under the carpet on the drivers side. I'll have a picture soon showing that. A piece of sheetmetal would easily cover it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

The car is a Unitized Body, it has no frame. the only thing I think you might be talking about are the rails that run up to the engine bay? They are healthy at the bay area, but underneath the car, after the floor boards are changed, they should be just fine. I suppose they could be reinforced while doing the floor.

·
Registered
265 Posts

BTW

the donor sheet metal that is referenced here is from 1 of the 2 cars being parted
in my other thread. Now you know why the whole body is not available. =)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

sweet! I was thinking about diving into the welding project myself for something to do, but not being an expert welder, I think I'll hold off. To anyone that IS interested, I want to get you all the pictures you desire/what not before anyone makes a trip for it. I want there to be absolutely no misunderstandings and people to know exactly whats involved. I know what its like to make a decent drive to find something not as described.:bash:

Andrew

1 - 20 of 44 Posts