Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to click Buy on a set of remanufactured axles for my 87 SC. CV Boot blew and one is dry. I can hear it as I drive. Ill wait a few for a response but I have the money and know it won't be available soon. Are any of these part numbers correct for the 87 Shelby Charger front axles?

5212647, 5212863, 5212865, 5212879, 5212935

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
The correct axles for your turbo L-body are the Citroen axles. They are welded construction. Others will work though but the factory obviously didn't think they were as strong. If buying NOS stock they should have green or orange sticker on them. Will have large 3 #'s on them. 905 is for sure one of the green tagged #'s. The full part # would be 4340905. The orange tag #'s will be 4340917 and 4340919 Could be other part #.
The chances of actually getting a Citroen remanned axle from a parts store will be slim to none.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The correct axles for your turbo L-body are the Citroen axles. They are welded construction. Others will work though but the factory obviously didn't think they were as strong. If buying NOS stock they should have green or orange sticker on them. Will have large 3 #'s on them. 905 is for sure one of the green tagged #'s. The full part # would be 4340905. The orange tag #'s will be 4340917 and 4340919 Could be other part #.
The chances of actually getting a Citroen remanned axle from a parts store will be slim to none.
This quote is correct above,
But the left and right are the same axles with the only difference between the two is the drivers side has the counterweight mounted half way up the shaft.
Using different types of axles ie: Citroen on one side and ACI on the other is not a good idea, Try as best as you can to stay with the correct axles and set-up on both sides of the vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts