Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 87 New Yorker for 3 years and now its time for a face lift! The motor will be a 89 2.2 common block with a 2.4 turbo PT cruiser head. Hoslet HX30w for the turbo, custom intake and exhaust manifold.

First I had to get rid of the only cancer on the car on the floor boards. stripped the whole thing down to cut it out and then put new metal. sound proofed the whole thing!

went over board on cutting it out, didn;t want the rust coming back. I used a pnuematic riveter and it worked so good

Had to clean my carpet real good when I had it out.

carpet and sound proofing installed

oh yeah i used dynomat and this stuff

seats back in!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Big pimpin' sleeper, AWESOME! Always loved my dad's '86 T1 NY'er. It was fun to drive. Shift into drive @ 85 and keep on pulling. (That's where the digital speedo ended) I'm sure your's will be much more impressive.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Got my Venolia's from fwdperformance. 89 common block getting ready for thed machine shop. 2.4 DOHC with new valve job

Pulled the engine and tranny out a couple weeks ago as well

I cleaned the one side of the engine bay. lol it was pretty dirty

this next weekend im putting in new gas lines with a walbrol 255! All new suspension too. Im looking at getting a rear sway bar from polybushing anybody try one on a K Body? anyways I'll keep you guys posted any ideas would be great because this is a build in progress.....thanks for looking

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
looking good! Love the PT wheels too, wish a million of them were out there to get

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
+1. I think I might have found some wheels to go on my limo. Love the build.
the offset is perfect, unlike the SRT 4 wheels on the early cars. I ran the PT GT wheels on my CSX for a while too and really liked them. They are heavy though lol, good looks come with sacrifice I hear

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got my wheels on craigslist from a older gentleman that didn't want to buy the 17" tires anymore because they were to exspensive. $170 but two needed tires. They ride really well

·
Super Moderator
11,700 Posts
the offset is perfect, unlike the SRT 4 wheels on the early cars. I ran the PT GT wheels on my CSX for a while too and really liked them. They are heavy though lol, good looks come with sacrifice I hear
light wheels are good for speed and handeling but heavy ones give a much better ride down the street 'cause it takes more energy to make em go up & down

when I put the shadow cs wheels (crabs) on my turismo the ride on the secondary roads got way better as the wheels weren't flailling around under the car like the 13's did

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im just about to order struts for my car should I go with the kyb gr-2's or get some monroes? I was looking into the GR-2 anyone got an opinion?

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
Kyb gr2's. And pope I am not planning on racing the limo. Thing is wayyyyy to heavy. Going to leave this one completely stock except maybe suspension stuff.
pfft, racing the limo would be way too much fun :thumb:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
did some wrenching the other day and ripped off all the suspension. I got my turbo the other day too! im going to polish the compressor housing and just got my tapered sanding rolls. I went with the hx30 because this is going to be a street cruiser.

I ran new spearcker wire today and I thought let you know what I got for my car audio.

-polkaudio 5 channel amp 4 channels 100w rms 1 channel 200w rms
-Kicker l5 10"
-polkaudio 5 1/4" components with 2" tweeters(100w RMS!)
-polkaudio 6x9 100w
-alpine head unit
everything is already installed here is the 6x9 box

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just spent like four hours polishing the compressor of my turbo. let me tell you this is going to take a long time. I ground off the holset to make it way easier to polish. started with 80 grit then 120, 320.. i ran out of 320 and called it a day. im going to bring it all the way out to 1000 grit then get out the polishing compouond and dremel. lets hope its a mirror finish when im done.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok got some time to work on the car this last week. I got all the energy suspension bushings installed the only ones that didn't get replced are the trailing arm. I'll be upgrading that before the motor goes back in. My block is at the machine shop and I'll be able to pick it up later this week.

I ordered the treadstone srt4 DIY log manifold kit. (never buy one!!!) Finally got it after being back ordered and the flange wasn't even close close the exhaust ports. They also sent me a t25 turbo flange instead of a t3 like I ordered. The ports on my head are rectangle and they give you a much small diameter round tubing that doesn't even come close to covering the ports. I knew they where round but its not even close...... Contacted them about returning it and they wanted 30% restocking fee. I wasn't having that and after a some time on the phone I got a huge discount and free shipping on there actual srt4 manifold (which I have read good thing about). so lets hope its works out good

I would have maybe ported my head out but the ports would have been uneven to try to match the flange.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my block back from the machine shop! so im really close to building the engine which shouldn't take to long if I have all the parts...I have been working 60 hour weeks so its been really slow.

got my
-treadstone srt4 manifold
-injectors +40's
-accufab afpr

I'll be buying a forged crank fwdperf this next week when I get paid. After that all I need is a computer and odds and ends!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol I posted some obituaries with my parts.... just ordered my Megasquirt tonight too. still need to call FWDperf for my crank.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Holy crap I have been slacking. I have been collecting parts and finally got some time to work on the motor. Im ready for assembly and I have 4 days off for christmas. Here is a picture of my mock up along with my INDY intake which fits perfect. way smaller than the stratus intake but bigger if that makes sense. Also got my forged crank!!! this thing is ready to build just got to buckle down and do it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts