Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale - 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible Turbo, 2.2 TI, 3-spd Auto, Loaded.
Car is located in Agawam, Massachusetts. Mileage is about 135K.

The Good:
Engine starts and runs good, no smoke, no tapping, boosts fine. Transmission shifts well. Tires have good tread on them. Top is in good shape save for a few minor rips that don't cause any leaking. Top goes up and down just fine. Just replaced the rear quarter window motors, front motor mount, and steel brake lines to the rear. All digital interior with 12-button traveler. "Leather" interior, no rips and in good shape overall. Paint is still glossy on most of the car. Motorized headlight covers work fine. New battery.

The Bad:
There's rust around the quarter panels and under the car. I wouldn't say it's beyond saving, but it needs attention. Somebody good with metal or welding could fix it in no time. There's an exhaust leak somewhere behind the engine (unsure as to where). Rear steel fuel lines had rusted, sprung a leak, so we replaced them and haven't bled them yet. I'm not sure of they are "sealed" and wouldn't leak at the fittings. Fuel return line has a slight leak in the rear of the car and only leaks when it's running. Power steering line had a leak which has somehow cured itself, but I'm sure it will come up again.

The car is not drivable due to the brake lines not being bled and the possibility that the fittings are not tight, so it would need to be towed away. I have other pictures available and can take more upon request. Asking $850 firm since it wouldn't take too much to get the car on the road for the summer. And now, the pictures...

Edit: I will also include the Factory Service Manuals for this car in the sale.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:bump:

It's the "day-later" bump. It's a decent summer car, I'm tellin' ya. Just needs some TLC. Turbocharged convertible, anyone?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Morning bump. I don't want to scrap it or sell it on eBay (same thing), so make an offer.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Too bad you are so far away and it is not driveable.

I think if you could drive it away that it would ahve moved by now.

If you were closer I would not mind getting it but to far away.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I fix the lines, I may just keep the car next to the hardtop in the garage and leave the Neons out in the rain :( But I'm not sure yet. I might even part it out since I know I'll need one of the seats and the Navigator already for the incoming car (not much else though).

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, this car is headed to the junkyard tomorrow. I'm going to pull parts from it tonight when I get home from work. Quite a shame, really, but it will live on in the incoming car through the parts I pull. Thanks to all who looked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts