Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP - Information Needed. Am restoring 88 lebaron Limited Edition TurboI (2.2) GTC Convertible. Have 2 items mounted on to front panel on engine side, located outboard side of headlight units. Screened numbers are 17286097 (left location) and 17286101 (right location). Both items have same imprint # of 88908. I believe them to be sensors but have been unable to locate on any wiring or component diagrams. Wiring harnesses have several connectors (2 wire) that would mate to these units. Images are att

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
if i were to guess they look like airbag sensors but i don't think the 88 had them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Viper9087,

Thanks for comment. I had not thought of Airbag sensors. The 88 does have driver air bag but none for passenger. As I mentioned in initial post, there are 3 connectors on left side and 2 on right side all having same 2 wire terminal configuration. I think I have isolated at least 2 of the left side connector circuits. 1) Ambient Air Temp, blue band around connector plug with Violet-Grn and Blk-Blue wires. 2) Coolant Sensor?, gray band with Blk-Lt Blu and Tan wires. However, I thought at least one of these circuit sensors was incorporated in the SMEC.

·
Administrator
25,144 Posts
ALL SRS connectors have a yellow connector.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all. I sure appreciate everyone's input. NAJ, I've looked at wiring harness and found no yellow connectors compatible with the 2 contact configuration. I have some wiring diagrams that are supposed to be for 88 Lebaron with 2.2 T1 engine but haven't been able to locate some of the circuit wire colors on the diagram. I bought the convertible new in 1988 so know that it hasn't been changed out for any reason. Perhaps some of you with more background knowledge and experience could shed some light on these circuits and perhaps confirm Viper's information. The vehicle was manufactured on July 5, 1988 and appears to be one of the 1500 or so manufactured for the Limited Edition GTC model. Perhaps these 2 "Sensors" were universally installed for common platform models and never had any connection. In any event I would appreciate some clarification on the 5 circuits I have previously referenced.

1) left Side - Grn-Black tracer & Black wire.
2) left side - Dk Blu-Lt Blu tracer & Lt Blu
3) left side - Violet-Lt Grn tracer & Blk? with Blue tracer.
4) right side - Brown?-Blu tracer & Tan
5) right side - Tan-white tracer & Blk

·
Administrator
25,144 Posts
I'll take a look at my wiring Tuesday evening to see if I can locate any of these connectors/wire colors.

·
Administrator
25,144 Posts
I found some in an 89 wiring diagram.
2)DB/LB and LB are for the L/F Crash Sensor.
4)BRN/LB and Tan are for the R/F Crash Sensor
3)VIO/LG and BK/BL are Ambient Air Temp Sensor for Overhead Console
Can't find the other two.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NAJ,

Thanks SO MUCH for your help. The crash sensor data basically solves my situation. At this point I'm going to take position that the remaining circuitry is for perhaps a coupe, 4dr or other body/model. Mine is a convertible so would not have Overhead Console associated with the #3 circuit. As I resolve some of the immediate project tasks and have a bit more time I will try to obtain reliable wiring diagrams for my "info" resources. Again, Thanks to All.

·
Administrator
25,144 Posts
If you need the wiring I will see if I can get it from Mitchell On Demand in work.
Alldata does not show full system diagrams.
I will try to get 88/89 Lebaron Conv.
May take a couple of days depending on how busy we are so I can print it out.
I already have the powertrain wiring if you want that now.
If you would like the wiring I can post it in the thread or send it to your e-mail.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks NAJ. Wiring diagram would be great. Just post on thread or email whichever is easiest for you at your convenience, no rush.

·
Administrator
25,144 Posts
Mitchell does not show a "GTC" for 88.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NAJ, Thanks for the wiring diagrams. I probably was off-base in regards to the car being an 88 GTC. Parts books and other associated manuals don't list a GTC for 88. The side trim on my vehicle has nomenclature of "Turbo GTC". See attached image. I apologize for quality but it is visible.

Attachments

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
old thread but here is a diagram for the air bag system

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts